MST3K's What If...?

"Time. Space. Reality. It’s more than a linear path. It’s a prism… of endless possibility… where a single choice can branch out into infinite realities… creating alternate worlds from the ones you know. I am the Watcher. I am your guide through these vast new realities. Follow me… and ponder the question… What If…?" - the opening narration from Marvel’s What If…?

Now that Marvel’s What If…? has wrapped up its first season, I thought it would be neat to turn its “alternate realities for events in the Marvel Cinematic Universe” premise towards the world of movies on MST3K.

So, let’s use this thread to come up with MST3K’s What If…? episode premises that toy around with and reimagine the events of the movies that the SOL gang has to endure.

For instance:

-What if Rowsdower from The Final Sacrifice stayed with Satoris’s cult?
-What if the poachers from Pod People got away with the egg containing Trumpy?
-What if the mutants from The Time Travelers escaped through the portal to Earth’s past?

Or maybe you could turn the What If…? format towards the world of MST3K itself? For example, what if Eddie Nelson continued to be the subject of Pearl Forrester’s movie-watching experiment?

15 Likes

What if Marv had asked Betty for a couple of her previous essays, so that he’d know what sort of spelling and grammatical goofs she regularly committed? That way, he could write it so that it wouldn’t be immediately obvious that he had written it.

13 Likes

What If…?

…the military (or anyone in a position of authority) in any of the kaiju experiments didn’t answer to children in tiny shorts?

31 Likes

What if Yuri’s hairdresser missed one of the 15 appointments he’d made over the course of the events in Werewolf?

15 Likes

What if the Thing That Couldn’t Die battled the Brain That Wouldn’t Die?

Which is stronger, wouldn’t or couldn’t?

Whose mental powers would prevail, Gideon’s or Jan’s?

And is resting in a pan of neck juice superior to living in a dusty old hat box?

Tune in next time for the answers… same head time, same head channel!

14 Likes

Give me the pan - better view.

11 Likes

Teasing out the philosophical implications of this could easily derail the thread!

MUST………RESIST!

9 Likes

What If?..

Big Stupid overcame his name-based limitations and stuck around to make sure Jesse didn’t assault and murder his love interest?

What If?..

She was grateful enough to say “Thank you,” but also, after the near-death scare, acquired enough spine to send him and Danny back to that boxcar. Then she and Peggy could both pack their things, move to the big city, maybe get good jobs in the local brewery there…

13 Likes

What If?..

The the Eye Creatures attacked The Crawling Eyes?

13 Likes

What if Rocky did kill Ken with a forklift?

18 Likes

What if Jimmy didn’t win the essay contest?

18 Likes

What if how he eats and breathes and other science facts were not something we should relax about.

16 Likes

What if Ken had killed Ken? Or vice versa?

13 Likes

What if Mike was Joel the whole time?!

16 Likes

Joike?

9 Likes

They’d all be doomed, of course!

6 Likes

What If… Joel had kept Beeper and Gypsum with Crow instead of adapting them into the Tom and Gypsy we know and love?

What If… Dr. Ernhardt had come back much earlier (say, season 4 or so).

What If… Joel had used different parts to make his robot friends and could control when the movie begins or ends?

What If… Deep 13 was Deep 14! :open_mouth:

What If… someone ‘got’ Tom Servo???

11 Likes

What if…

Johnny DID care!

21 Likes

What if…

Weapons weren’t useless against Prince of Space!

11 Likes

What if Jack Taylor’s place at the beach wasn’t all that special?

7 Likes