MST3K's What If...?

What if that really was Lt. Lemont…?

3 Likes

What if Lembach stayed?

6 Likes

Lol ! “What the hell, Maconan? You are one sick cookie”

3 Likes

What if we didn’t actually need springs?

7 Likes

What if…
Joel never escaped and Mike was eliminated?
Crow spent more than five minutes playing at the edge of the universe?

5 Likes

What if, when the calculations are finally complete, it turns out there really isn’t that much Keeffe?

12 Likes

What if Coily had instead visited a CEO of Chevrolet and pointed out to them that spring action in a steering wheel (enabling it to collapse on impact) was a good idea and would save his future acolytes from being fatally impaled in head-on collisions?

(This safety feature didn’t become mandatory for U.S. automakers until 1968, decades after its invention and 28 years after Coily’s debut. Short-sighted little sprite, wasn’t he?)

(vroooom!!)

6 Likes

What if…Sandy Frank wasn’t the cause of all our pain?

8 Likes

What if “my boyfriend” Ross Allen was thrown in prison for animal cruelty?

Can’t we all just picture it now?

7 Likes

On TV, twice an episode, the “Kung Fu” formula.

6 Likes

I still love that show, crater-sized plot holes and all. :smiley:

4 Likes

Which one? “The Hulk” or “Kung Fu” (or for that matter “Beauty and the Beast” which had the same formula, amazingly).

4 Likes

I enjoyed Kung-Fu when somebody else had it on view, but it was Hulk which I’d feel truly sad about missing. Still haven’t seen Beauty to this day, though I know plenty of people who did.

I mentioned The Lazarus Man in the obscure fandoms thread. That one also had the cheapie “Wave Man/Ronin” (Fugitive) vibe going on, but in the Nineties. I got to write about this once for a local culture rag some buddies put together.

4 Likes

What if corn wasn’t sexy?

5 Likes

I know! Alan wouldn’t have been asked to identify a bucket of his brother.

7 Likes

What if chauffer’s ruled the world?

Oh wait, that’s been covered.

BTW, this was my favorite issue of What If? (the drama, the multi-colored armors, the stunning Gil Kane art… I read this thing over and over again when it was published)

8 Likes

What if Jimmy just suspects his parents at this point?

14 Likes

What if Donald Pleasence could pronounce Pumaman?
What if Angelika Jager could pronounce Dark One?
What if Adriana Stastny could pronounce Werewolf?

12 Likes

Ha, I like that.

It reminded me of a Rifftrax Presents, where Bridget muffs a word, they laugh and Bridg admits that she’s never been able to pronounce that word.

My first thought was, “well why didn’t you have MJP say the riff?”

My second was, "Probably because it was funnier to hear Bridget make the attempt "

10 Likes

What if… The kids were actually never found again, and Corn Job was blamed.?
What if Jimmy’s parents didn’t give jimmy material goods either (full on neglect, because Your parents giving you money and never caring is still better than your parents just not caring ever…

What if Jimmy’s parent’s actually cared about him?

What if Tom and Gypsy never escaped from the mirror dimension…

What if Kinga actually succeded in marrying Jonah?

What if Droppo wasn’t the laziest man on mars? (in true what if fashion, it’d probably lead to an evil droppo)

What if Santa was caught by the police and fire department?

What if Torgo was the Master?

5 Likes