MSTies Hive-mind Cover Song Playlist!

Like it says on the tin, let’s create an eclectic playlist of favourite cover songs!

YOUR MISSION: Suggest one (and only one) cover song for inclusion in this community-built playlist. If you can provide a link to it, even better. And, okay, if you’re really finding it difficult to limit yourself to one, try wait a week or so before recommending another song.

Follow the playlist at these links:
Spotify
Apple Music
YouTube

1 Like

Just one? Just one per week? My god man, what kind of cruel torture is that?

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Look, I don’t make the rules…

Oh wait… sorry, I did in this case.

I just thought it would be fun to have what people consider to be their personal “top-tier” covers. Also I wanted to make sure the list wasn’t predominantly one person’s personal list (which is what happened the first time I tried crowd-sourcing a playlist on Facebook many years back!)

But hey, I can’t stop you from breaking my almost-arbitrary rule!

Ah, you’re just looking to avoid one person dominating. The torture is just a bonus.

1 Like

The original might as well not exist as far as I’m concerned.

If she had done a studio version of “Hot Legs” that would also be right up there.

2 Likes

Ah just pick a cover already, jeez, we’re burnin daylight.

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s decision paralysis. Same reason I started this thread but haven’t contributed yet.

2 Likes

I’ve added links to the first post if anyone wants to add the playlist to their music streaming app of choice. I’ll try to keep the playlists updated with any new submissions every few days.

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Lemmy doing the honors on bass.

2 Likes

The Struts - Royals (Lorde)

2 Likes

Well, I’ll start with this one, then.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like