Museums

Not really, it’s just a nice feature that happens to be part of the building they put the museum in, as far as I know. Weddings might pay most of the rent!

3 Likes

It keeps them open. That’s enough. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

At some point I want to go see the Mutter Museum in Pennsylvania.

I like macabre stuff and they deliver on that.

4 Likes

This the place?

2 Likes

Probably; they have a lot of human remains on display.

ETA: All donated of course. They aren’t savages. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The perfect location for Dr. Mordrid 2. Skeletons everywhere.

3 Likes

The main reason I want to go is 'cause they have the oddities that can happen in human beings. I’m quirky like that; if “freak” shows were still a thing I’d be going to them (I’m glad they’re not though; they’re exploitative as heck for the poor people being put on display) so long as there weren’t live people at them.

5 Likes

When visiting San Jose, after seeing the Winchester Mystery House, your next tourist trap destination would likely be the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum

Architecturally inspired by the Temple of Amon at Karnak, the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum houses the largest collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts on display in Western North America, including objects from pre-dynastic times through Egypt’s early Islamic era, as well as Assyrian and Babylonian artifacts.

egyptian-museum-6-640x427

egyptian-museum-19-640x427

4 Likes

And here we see a rare find of vases containing the remains of a nobleman his wife and their house elf.

5 Likes

DOBBY NOOOOO!!!

2 Likes

An ideal resting place for this guy.

The Egyptian stuff reminds me of another of my wife’s favorite musuems, the Tutankhamun Exhibition in Dorchester. It’s weird in that it doesn’t have any of the actual stuff from the tomb, but is instead all about recreations including a replica tomb with figures of Carter et al getting their first peek inside. It doesn’t take long to visit, but it’s a pretty fun little place.

2 Likes

One musuem I want to go to at some point in my lifetime is Zak Bagans’ Haunted Museum in Las Vegas. Not because I believe in ghosts (I don’t) but because he’s got a lot of creepy stuff there, and as I stated upthread, I love macabre things.

ETA: https://thehauntedmuseum.com/

3 Likes

New museum just opened in Arizona.

2 Likes

A perfect place to go!!!

3 Likes