My idea for Joel's return to the SOL

So with the introduction of Emily at the end of Robot Wars, I had a thought as to how Joel will return:

Emily, or perhaps Jonah AND Emily, are running a routine scan when they discover an old escape pod floating through space.

Turns out, Joel has been trapped in there all this time, living off of nothing but Hamdingers.

He is “rescued,” only to find himself yet again a prisoner on the SOL.

What do you think, sirs…?

5 Likes

BTW I realize his episodes have already been shot. This is just my wild speculation.

2 Likes

Perhaps Doctor Cabal - THE STRANGE FINANCIER FROM THE FUTURE - is responsible for this, too, as part of a ratings grab or something?

6 Likes

I think he’s gonna give up.

4 Likes

Yes! They could totally be self referencing about it too.

“Surveys have shown that bringing back an old character to a show gives it a ratings boost.”

7 Likes

There is quite a bit of great meta humor going around, so you may be on the money there!

4 Likes

Wait? I’m doing what?!

2 Likes

I edited the title. Hope I didn’t ruin a joke. It used to say “Joe’s return”.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I would LOVE IT if they’d break out some DEVO hats before all’s said and done!

4 Likes

<3 Thanks for that! Fun theories!

3 Likes

Stupid auto correct. I am filled with shame.

3 Likes

Yeah, Cabal will bring back Joel, but on a temp basis (maybe he’s an old friend)

3 Likes

Cabal paid for his doctorate by working in Joel’s Hot Fish Shop.

6 Likes

Death or Hamdingers? Tough call.

2 Likes

Either Cabal plucks Grandpa Joel out of the Hot Fish Shop for a sweeps stunt, or Joel rides in on Shadowfax to save the day for Jonah and Emily re: the mysterious financier’s plans.

2 Likes

My theory is that it will be like the opening to Metal Gear Solid V, with GPC and Servo playing the nurses and Crow as the doctor.

“You have been in a coma for… twenty-nine years”

Hopefully his hand won’t have been amputated though.

3 Likes

It’s time for the new MST generation to lean fully into Hideo Kojima jokes.

2 Likes

its the best kind of speculation…

2 Likes

gah, just when i thought i had rid my mind of that game :face_vomiting: haha

1 Like