My New Favorite Streaming Service

I don’t know how they managed to get hold of DogCopter and Two Brothers, but I’m never watching any other streaming service.

11 Likes

That’s absolutely brilliant!

3 Likes

That’s amazing. And they put so much work into it!

3 Likes

If fictional shows/movies can be added, then do you suppose that MST3K has material that could be added to that site?

From Nestflix:

Here’s the criteria for what gets added:

• Must be fictional (not characters watching a real film, not a recreation of a real film)
  • Must show actual footage (not just mentioned in dialogue or seen in a poster)
  • Not a film/show from a video game (sorry!)
  • Not a stage play or musical
  • Not a news or morning show (for now, this might change)

So, looking at this criteria, I’m wondering if MST3K has anything that could be added.

The only thing that comes to mind is The Nature of Bobo from the episode Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, since we’re watching “footage” of that on a TV as opposed to:

• the gang putting on a show as part of a host segment, like with My White Goddess in the episode Jungle Goddess
  • the gang using already existing footage that’s repurposed for a new show, like Rex Dart, Eskimo Spy for the episode Godzilla Vs. Megalon
  • the gang mentioning a fictional movie that’s never actually represented in footage, like Earth Vs. Soup throughout multiple episodes

And if The Nature of Bobo counts, then it would follow that Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! Pearl! would count from the same episode.

6 Likes

I think all the Public Pearl segments would count.

5 Likes

The short Bell Labs film Why Doesn’t Johnny Care? would be another contender.

4 Likes

Why am I so bummed that I can’t actually watch Everybody Loves Hypnotoad or The Crows Have Eyes 3: The Crowening right now?

That site is brilliant.

4 Likes

Oh, but you can!

4 Likes

I submitted Dogcopter! Love that site.

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Hey, some talented MSTies should submit Earth vs. Soup

2 Likes