My parents actually saw this in the theater. Is there a film you went to see that ended up being bad enough to riff?

YOUR QUESTION:
My parents actually saw this in the theater. Is there a film you went to see that ended up being bad enough to riff?

NAME TO CREDIT:
Robin YaBlind

*HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT
(it’s my roller derby name - Robin Ya Blind)

5 Likes

The movie just called “Bats”. I actually left that one. Wondering if any MST3K crew could riff it to make it watchable.

3 Likes

I don’t know that I’ve ever walked out of a movie in the theater, even when the projector malfunctions! I rarely even stop a movie part way through but I just couldn’t make it to the end of Sausage Party.

GIF by Sausage Party

1 Like

Oh, God, BATS. I don’t blame you AT ALL for walking out on that one.

I try to make it a point not to leave any movies, but… some films really tempt me.

The Ring 2 would have inspired me to leave the theater had we not spent so much of its runtime straight-up laughing at it.

Wing Commander. I ultimately had fun because of the group I was with, but the movie was awful.

3 Likes

Rifftrax dared to make fun of the most “epic” theater experience I’ve ever had: Battlefield Earth

And now that I think about it, they also mocked Megaforce! I saw that one with my dad when we wanted a movie to watch together. The other choice was Firefox (not a web browser).

3 Likes

I had a projector malfunction cases for a screening of Ready Player One and by the time they got it fixed, I had to leave due to having work in the morning. I got a voucher for another screening though as did the others who made the same choice.

1 Like

I saw Clash of the Titans (1981) at the drive-in and, if I recall correctly, it was super cheesy and “special effects by Billy!” and very riff-able.

clash of the titans 80s GIF

1 Like

I legit watched that movie about 20 or 30 times when I was younger. Rifftrax did the remake if I remember correctly but yeah, would love to see this get the same treatment one day

2 Likes

If you’re asking if I saw a movie in the theatre which ended up on MST3K later, yes, I did - Gamera vs Guiron. A ton of them I saw on TV or video long before the show got around to them, but that one I saw in the old cinema proper.

2 Likes

Someone said Wing Commander already, so I’ll throw Uwe Boll’s House if the Dead, which I believe I saw three times in theaters because I had so much fun with it.

It’s the only movie I’ve ever seen in theaters where I caught boom mics in the shot.

1 Like

You could make a “Slap Her, She’s Belgian” riff somewhere in that.