Mystery Forum Unread Notifications

If I pull down the menu under my avatar:

I see four unread likes and one unread “other notification”.

But I do not see any unread for either.

Or do I misunderstand the significance of the numbers “1” and “4”?

3 Likes

It’s definitely telling you that you have 4 new likes and 1 other… something.

You may have to use the button at the bottom to get to items that are no longer visible at the top of the list. It’s confusing when it tells you about unreads that you can’t immediately see.

2 Likes

All 4 1, and 1 4 all.

2 Likes

OK, I found the “Unread” for the likes and that helped. Missed a bunch last year, apparently.

I WAS BUSY, OKAY?!

I’m still not 100% sure what the Notification was…something unusual, like a thread moving, I think.

3 Likes

The Notification thing is for “Earned Nice Reply” and that sort of thing

3 Likes

That’s what I thought.

Well, I guess I’ll never know which was the Nice Reply.

Unless I go through each Nice Reply in turn and ask myself, “Did I know this was a ‘nice reply’? Had I been previously informed of its niceness?”

This may take a few weeks.

3 Likes

If you see a ‘new’ notification badge on the right menu but cannot find the offending notification to clear it. After clicking the right menu button, there is a Dismiss button at the bottom of the list that will dismiss the badge.

4 Likes

I did see that.

I was concerned I would be losing out on vital information.

Also, I wasn’t 100% sure that button wouldn’t fire someone.

2 Likes

I have 77 missed likes (since that is what that means… huh). And 37 missed something else. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

giphy

7 Likes

I have 393 missed likes, apparently.

You like me! You really like me!

Yeah, well, to heck with all of ya anyway!

5 Likes

If that’s the way you are going to be, I take back 9 out of 10 of the likes I gave you that you missed. The other one was for the post I am responding to, so it doesn’t count.

3 Likes

I like you. I’m going to kill you last.

4 Likes

But I want to decide who lives and dies.

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t know.

I want to pose in the nude with the Frisky Kitten Revue and then watch the action from high atop Tokyo Tower as the twisted world I create explodes into rivers of blood and endless pain. Order today!

2 Likes

Not valid in Utah or Puerto Rico!

1 Like

Sorry, Tennessee!

1 Like