Mystery Science Arcade 3000

It was the standard cutscene format in the game. I get the feeling that the game producers really did just shoot bog-standard sci-fi cutscenes, and then someone there saw MST3K and thought “we should do this!”. An attempt to bring the kind of cool that also appeals to older kids to the title, I suppose.

4 Likes

How about a Hot Slot Bots kart racing game where they riff each other’s racing skills?

2 Likes

@SandyFrank OMG. That’s bonkers! I can’t believe a company would actually let that get out the door!

You should really add that to the “MST3K in Other Media Thread!”

Otherwise, I’m gonna steal your link and do it myself. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Crosslink done, thanks for the recommendation! :star2:

3 Likes

I had an idea for an MST3K game that would be kind of a minigame collection based on different movies. Maybe to further make Joel or Mike suffer, the Mads test out some new experiment where they are actually trapped IN the movies. Or something along those lines.

And when it comes to actually riffing a game, I think story driven games would work far better than something like E.T. Early CD games like Night Trap would be perfect, as they pretty much are just movies.

3 Likes

Maybe I was a weird kid, but I played the E.T. game all the time on my 2600. I never won it or anything, but I played it.

3 Likes

There’s a game based on The Room, and God help me, I’ve played it all the way through.

4 Likes

I feel like the riff would have to be for an FMV (Full Motion Video). May I suggest Night Trap?

4 Likes

Wait Unskippable is still going? snaaaaaaaap

3 Likes

Oh yes. A perfect game for riffing. Actually played it back in the day. Well, “play” is a strong word for the experience.

2 Likes

The Spoony One’s riffs of Phantasmagoria and Ripper are must-sees.

Here’s the first chapters of both.

2 Likes