Mystery Science Not March Madness: Joel Edition (Season 01, FINALS)

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND!

• Moon Zero Two
  • Robot Holocaust

0 voters

4 Likes

Both great episodes. They both did a lot to make Season 1 worth going back to.

6 Likes

They are equals in the laughs department. Movie-wise, I like the groovy Moon Zero Two more than the grimy Robot Holocaust, plus I’m a Hammer fan - so M02

8 Likes

I find Moon Zero Two to be almost watchable as a movie, and very watchable for a riffed movie. I mean, it is truly awful, but someone actually tried to make a passable, if gonzo, genre movie. And they didn’t take themselves too seriously. Kinda Agent for HARM in space.

7 Likes

Moon Zero Two is hands-down the better movie of the two, but Robot Holocaust is one I come back to again and again for the riffing. It’s a glorious mess of a film.

7 Likes

Just checking on the results.

It’s nice to see Moon Zero Two fighting tooth and nail and keeping it a close. I don’t know that it can pull off the stunning comeback, but at least it’s not a blow out to this stage.

3 Likes

Gonna close it soon (been a busy month, beg pardon!) (:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Went with Robot Holocaust. I think Moon Two Zero, while not great, is better made and the riffs are fine Robot Holocaust is a garbage pile but a relatively watchable one, particularly with a riff filter.

Yeah, I go Moon Zero Two.

TBH I don’t have perfect recall of either of those, although seen them each a number of times.

I voted MZ2 because I suspect there’s a deeper reason that a lot of Sci-Fi (the genre, not the cable channel) people seem to hold the movie in some esteem (at least I think that’s the case), and I just haven’t discovered the reason yet.