Mystery Science Not March Madness: Jonah Edition (Season 11, Round One)

I’d mentioned in this thread:

That I’d thought about doing a bracketed tourney to have an unofficial, board-voted “Best Episode” per season, and per host.

I’m going to try that now, and I’m starting with Jonah, who had the shortest amount of episodes (and an even amount, to boot.)

If it bombs, it bombs. If it’s fun, I’ll keep this up for the distance (and … not because I’m procrastinating, honest.)

I’ll put up the polls for the 14 eps and tally in a week, starting round two. (Which I’ll keep even by selecting an extra winner from round 1. An episode gets a second chance.)

Join me in this horse race culture love of sorting to crown the champion episode of Netflix’s Season 11.

10 Likes
  • Reptilicus
  • At The Earth’s Core

0 voters

• Cry Wilderness
  • The Christmas That Almost Wasn’t

0 voters

• The Time Travelers
  • Carnival Magic

0 voters

• Avalanche
  • Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II

0 voters

• The Beast of Hollow Mountain
  • Wizards of the Lost Kingdom

0 voters

• Star Crash
  • Yongary, Monster From The Deep

0 voters

• The Land That Time Forgot
  • The Loves of Hercules

0 voters

2 Likes

There. Vote away! (I clearly didn’t know multiple polls could be in one reply from go. I didn’t want to overdo it, just in case.)

And if it’s lame, hey, at least it kept me out of trouble for five minutes! (:wink:

4 Likes

Fun idea. I just voted! :slight_smile:

(Yongary vs. Star Crash is a tough choice!)

7 Likes

It’ll only get tougher!

2 Likes

Aw phooey. I personally liked At the Earth’s Core not because of the movie, but because of Growler’s debut.

4 Likes

(Vote in all of the matchups, folks! Not just your favorite – but your favorite of the two choices!)

The Atlantic Rim episode is pure gold, I tells ya.

1 Like

Done - it’s fun when it’s fun!!!

1 Like

Fun! And I’m median - half on the popular side, half on the unpopular.

I think Bigfoot vs Santa is the toughest matchup in this bracket. :grin:

1 Like

Season 12 will be a beast. lol

1 Like

I agree! Most of these were pretty easy votes for me but that one stumped me for a while. Eventually I had to give the kaiju the edge.

2 Likes

I only sided with the majority twice. Gaze at my bad taste and despair!

5 Likes

No episodes have been blanked!

Feel bad that Christmas that Almost wasn’t drew the short straw against Carnival Magic. The last host segment with the still sequence before the credits is one of my favorites in the season.

2 Likes

Christmas that Almost Wasn’t has really grown on me over time. I definitely think it’s a bit underrated.

2 Likes

Where is the love for the Lost Kingdoms? Soooo deliciously bad! Though I agree, pitting Starcrash against Yongary is eeeevil.

4 Likes