Mystery Science Pathfinder 3000 - A Play by Post RPG Campaign

“I thought Razahl was goo-goo over hearing about the skull…was that an ale-dream? He can talk like I can drink.”

No, Razahl liked the devil eye. He should, he’s 1,000 gp richer now thanks to it.

2 Likes

The Demon skull is still where you left it, whether you want to smash it or stash it. Knowledge Planes could be used to determine if it is worth anything in general, while Knowledge Arcana could be used to see if it is useful as a spell component or to fashion a magic item.

1 Like

Knowledge (Arcana): 12 +8= 20
Knowledge (Planes): 13 +7= 20

Either way, I vote no smashing.

1 Like

Medio believes the skull would only be valuable as a curiosity, or to someone wanting to use it as a religious relic, much like it was used here. The chances of finding a buyer in either case would be slim.

1 Like

Do we want to take a look inside the sarcophagus to see what’s in there, without disturbing the body?

1 Like

It has been nearly a thousand years, so there may not an actual body left to be disturbed…

But like I said the other day, we just undesecrated this level, do we really need to potentially re-desecrate it with grave robbing?

1 Like

We won’t take anything, just look. It’s not a big priority. Let’s get downstairs and have Medio or Johnny take another listen at that door.

1 Like

Let’s be prepared for opening that door possibly leading to a misunderstanding from our grimlock friends, who probably have had enough time to select a new leader.

1 Like

It’s probably not grimlocks… they seemed to be heading down into the Darklands where they could find food and stuff. But they would have to have passed through here.

1 Like

Totally, respectfully.

1 Like

I’m neutral on the grave peeking.

1 Like

Let’s skip it and go on to the next level.

2 Likes

Sneaking to and listening at the downstairs door (when we are ready):

Stealth(Medio): 15 +12 = 27
Stealth (Cuthbert): 4! + 18 = 22
Perception: 12 (+8) (+2 Alertness) = 22

3 Likes

The fact that is a High Priest’s grave plays into this. LA can’t help seeing the similarities with himself and hoping his own final resting place will remain undisturbed when his time comes.

2 Likes

In contrast to the brightly lit library (which looks like it could use a shrubbery or two), the rest of the Temple remains dark and foreboding, with many telltale signs of its desecration remaining. As you move toward the stairwell, the party can’t help but feel like something could be done to make this a welcoming place once again. You only have so much time, however, and pressing mysteries that threaten the lives of the townsfolk remain to be solved first. You put your ear to the heavy stone door, but hear nothing. You look down at Cuthbert, and he too looks unconcerned.

1 Like

Let’s make sure Johnny’s trap sense doesn’t go off, and head in. Is the door unlocked?

1 Like

Oh hang on, I thought you were listening at the upstairs door. Sorry, have to head out for the evening, will log back on before the night is over though. Will pick back up at the temple door,

1 Like

Oh right, we have to go out of the desecrated temple and down the stairs before we get to new frontiers.

Johnny volunteers to scout it or be near the front in case of new traps.

2 Likes

We could count my rolls for the temple door, and let Johnny sneak and scout downstairs.

I’d be ok with that.

3 Likes