Mystery Science Pathfinder 3k Act II - A Continuing Play By Post Campaign

Sounds good to me, I might then look to perception, he’s as thick as a brick.

1 Like

I think I’d rather have a skill point than a single hit point, the cost/ benefit percentage is off the charts for a single skill point, where Coleman has few, but to raise a single HP, it doesn’t do as much as a skill point, IMHO.

When/if we get the tower flying, why should Coleman get to be the one to fly it? Are his parents getting a divorce or something?

2 Likes

Francis driving his parents…

That covers it pretty well, one thing that is missing would be Fly for piloting any aerial vehicles/constructs, and Ride for trying to pilot a construct creature. When it comes to the Aether Tower, however, there is no way to know currently what skills you might need to pilot it. It seems that magic will be involved, but you don’t have much else to go on.

1 Like

My morning outside was spent doing this:

Need to take a break for a couple hours, will be back on later.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong. Dory felt a bit inadequate after hearing the list of all the things her lady knows about. She will never keep pace with any of the others with only two skill points per level.

On the other hand, Dory spends most of her time with Bonnie anyway, and if something skillful needs doing, Bonnie will most likely be around to accomplish it. And as often as Dory gets hit in combat (every single one so far) an extra hit point will probably come in handy right away. As the saying goes, the most important hit point is the one that leaves you at 1 remaining instead of 0.

1 Like

While Bonnie and Dory (and whomever else) are visiting Razahl, LA will head over to the temple to confer with Lito and Garris.

He will fill them in on the day’s clockwork encounter and ask them if the name Conclave means anything to them, He’ll also check if anything new has developed in the last couple of days on the Devil front.

1 Like

Medio’s Level 5 plan:

New spells:
Arcane Disruption
Arrow Eruption

Skills:
Disable Device
Knowledge (Engineering)
Knowledge (Planes)
Perception
Stealth
Spellcraft

Feat:
Craft Wondrous Items

1 Like

“Interestingly enough,” Razahl continues, “It was the emergence of the Automatons that sealed the fate of Jistka. The Artificer’s Conclave also developed the means for planar travel, and with their new Automaton bodies, they could travel to many places that would have otherwise been inaccessible. The best and brightest of the Imperium left the Prime Material plane, and Golarion and Jistka with it, to pursue their own desires, and the Imperium withered.”

“It is written here, that just before the Jistka Imperium finally fell, the Artificer’s Conclave dissolved and the secret’s of creating new Automatons were lost.” Razahl closes the tome, and returns it to the shelf.

“I do recall that there is more to the story, however.” He taps a thumb absentmindedly against his temple. “Just one moment…”, he wanders into the back room of the shop, and returns a few moments later, carrying a much newer book.

“This is a recent history of Garund.” He says excitedly, as he thumbs through the pages, “It tells of a powerful Automaton that gained power in the Northern Deserts, and had to be dealt with. They say that she was trying to revive the Artificer’s Conclave. Ah, here it is… her name was Ulistil.” He turns the book around and points to a wood carving of what most of the party can clearly recognize as an Automaton face, though turned to a grotesque, evil-looking visage that is only vaguely reminiscent of Branadir.

There are only a few sentences to describe the event, despite the artist’s rendering of Ulistil. It does note, however, that Ulistil herself escaped when her newly resurgent Conclave was rooted out and destroyed.

3 Likes

Razahl goes back to the other tome, “And as you can clearly see here, the name Ulistil is listed as one of the original members of the Artificer’s Conclave during the Jistka Imperium.”

1 Like

Does the book say what forces destroyed the revived Artificer’s Conclave in the Northern Deserts, and why whoever did so felt it needed to be destroyed?

1 Like

They are pouring over some documents as you enter. “Oh, hello, my young friend.” Lito says as he looks up from a piece of parchment. “You just missed the Baron’s vassal, Lord Demetrias.”

“He’s been gone at least a half an hour.” Garris observes, “Lord Demetrias is the noble charged with raising militias in the Barony. Given the recent troubles, he wants to establish a post here in Telhain, and start training some of the locals. The Sheriff is on board, of course, it will help to keep the peace, and I think it’s a positive development. It can give us some on-hand troops to draw from if the Devils come back. Of course it will take time, but the Baron is sending out surveyors to find a good location for the post tomorrow. We thought we would get a head start on the process.”

“Oh, we have some land out by the Chadbourne Ranch the Church owns, we could lease that to them…” Lito points to a map of the area.

“No, too far West, we need something on the East side of town, or down toward the tower.” Garris replies, “That’s where the Devils are most likely to be coming from.”

3 Likes

It does not specify, but it implies heavily that a band of adventurers accomplished the task.

2 Likes

It looks like we completely misread the Conclave with those Dalek jokes.

1 Like

Bonnie isn’t there, of course, but she’s also been thinking that a town militia might be a good idea. Maybe the weapons we find down there that are masterwork or magic too low-powered to be of interest to us would make a good donation to the cause. Too bad we sold all the drow’s weapons, but we’ve got that +1 halberd and a couple of masterwork folding spears that we could make a start with. And Medio has a spare masterwork short sword.

1 Like

We could throw Raegar a few hundred gp and ask him to turn it into equipment for the militia also, I bet Dwarven steel will be better-received than a bunch of drow gear marked with KEY’s sigil.

1 Like

I’m sure the Baron will take care of mundane equipment for the militia… the stuff we bring out of the dungeon could be a good supplement, though, serving as weapons for the officers or elite soldiers.

Bonnie is hoping against hope that we will no longer be so cash-poor that we have to sell everything of any value that we find down there.

1 Like

Dory has yet to be introduced to the Sheriff, and it would be good to speak with this new lord in person to make sure we are in good odor in the Barony at large. If they are going to be putting a militia post close to the Tower, we ought to be added to the list as friendlies from the beginning, to avoid any awkward questions of access later on.

1 Like

“A local militia could be a good idea. I have the feeling that there may still be some cultists around, so some care should be taken in recruiting. Also, I have seen in the past–as I’m sure you have as well, Garris–where a militia ends becoming a problem in and of itself. But I do not want to assume that would happen here.”

OOC: Is this somewhere on the map of the area we already have?

1 Like