Mystery Science Pathfinder 3k Act IV - The Amazing, Colossal Play by Post Campaign

Well, Medio is willing to peek around Dory’s shield (symbolic protection not recognized by Paizo) and take a chance at disarming this trap.

1 Like

Dory can’t help much against a magic trap, but if a devil tries to attack him, her shield is at his service.

And of course, he has Evasion, so if he gets a Reflex save from whatever goes off, he takes no damage if he makes it. He gets a +2 to that from Heroism, also.

1 Like

The fiends are unwilling to spring this trap. It keeps us safe for the moment. At least one friend has left the immediate area. Did it leave the room for reinforcements? Probably best to press forward now (carefully).

1 Like

Medio-Dory-Frog at the front?

2 Likes

That’s fine. Time permitting, we will shift to the order:

Medio - Dory - Frog - Coleman - Bonnie - Thong - LA - Mart

2 Likes

Here comes a glorious and triumphant roll to disable the trap!

Disable Device: 20!?+15+2+2=39.

I’ve been hoping to save a 20 for another critical hit. That felt good. Well, let’s not celebrate while Medio winces and expects magical punishment for sticking his tools into another deadly trap. :grimacing:

(Seriously, I want my 20 rolls elsewhere, dice.)

5 Likes

Medio is far and away our best option for disabling a trap, and the last magic one he tried his hand at didn’t work out so well, so Dory thinks that was a good place for a 20.

1 Like

90s movies GIF by absurdnoise

3 Likes

I was imagining rolling a 3 when I wrote that.

3 Likes

Assuming Medio’s roll disables the trap, and there isn’t a visible indication of success, Medio will feign frustration and disappointment
Bluff: 12

(I need to take an actual rank in that sometime.)

2 Likes

Coleman can do acrobatics in front of the trap to divert the demons attention!

ETA: After it’s disarmed, of course !

3 Likes

Medio disables the trap.

Medio is apparently quite excited at still being alive and unharmed, and his attempt to make it seem like he failed does not fool anyone.

Let me see… Coleman’s Acrobatics modifier is -2, perhaps he would rather do a quick dance, rather than a cartwheel?

chris farley snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes

Was Medio able to determine what the trap would have done?

1 Like

There are similar looking chests along the north wall. More traps maybe.

2 Likes

No, but as a rogue, he could try another Perception test now that it is disarmed to see if he can determine the spell. Detect Magic and Spellcraft would work as well for any spellcasters with LoS to the crate.

1 Like

Are we ready for Dory to move further into the room yet, so we can make some space and get out of the hall?

1 Like

Lets cast Detect Fiendish Presence again first to see if anything is moving.

Also, “Frog, can you see anyone in the room ahead of us?”

2 Likes

“Sense,” perhaps. But he probably knows what you mean.

Dory has been trying to think of an analogy to explain how seeing works to our Grimlock friend. What if you could smell creatures and objects from many, many strides away – but only for half the day?

2 Likes

The first round he Detects the presence of Fiend(s) again.

“Room seem empty of anyone to me,” Frog says, “you sure Devils in there?”

1 Like

Could it be an illusion or misdirection spell?

1 Like