Mystery Science Pathfinder 3k Act IV - The Amazing, Colossal Play by Post Campaign

Yes, he has been around you long enough that he gets what the party means by “see” even if he has no real concept of what actual sight is like.

1 Like

They could also be non-corporeal.

1 Like

On the second round, Medio once again senses that there is a single Evil Outsider, with 7HD.

1 Like

Cuthbert also smelled bad breath, not sure how long that kind of thing would linger, for a rat. There’s not a whole lot of air circulation down here.

The Outsider that Medio detected is further ahead than we can see with the torchlight, even if it was visible. Dory thinks we should advance at least that far into the room so we can spread out a little if we need to. If there are more traps, Medio will need to get closer to them to find them.

Dory will swap spots with Medio again if we do decide to move inside.

1 Like

We should head to the north wall after passing the first chest. I want to get closer to the other ones. Dory can lead when we are ready to move.

First, I want to check the direction of the fiendish aura to see if it is the same as before.

1 Like

If the fiend is in the same direction as before, Medio will finally take a look at the disarmed trap.

Perception: 10+12+2+1=25

1 Like

On round 3 Medio does detect that the fiendish presence is still in roughly the same place.

Medio is still unable to determine the spell that it was trapped with.

2 Likes

Bonnie will go into the room, next to Medio (not sure exactly where he is right now) and cast detect magic on the chest.

Spellcraft: 15 + 14 + 2 (Heroism) = 31 to see what kind of trap it was, if possible.

1 Like

OK, we’ll put Medio behind Dory and then move into the room, unless some individuals want to stay where they are.

Let’s put Dory in the spot just NE of the torch on the ground. Near the center of the lighted area.

1 Like

Medio is not in the room, he disabled the chest from the diagonally adjacent square in the hallway:

Does Bonnie still want to move into the room and cast Detect Magic from the square next to Medio?

1 Like

Yes, but Bonnie will ask Dory to go in with her. She doesn’t want to be alone in there if something attacks.

3 Likes

Those demons better hope Coleman doesn’t do his Summon Dalton dance, Thei throats would be ripped out in short order ! text will be blurred

2 Likes

Does Dory still want to move to that spot, or stick closer to Bonnie?

1 Like

Dory will stand ready wherever Bonnie would like her. If the spot she picked is unsuitable, she’ll defer to her lady’s choice.

1 Like

Dory can stand where she thinks best.

2 Likes

Okay, looks like Dory is heading to the spot she picked out earlier NE of the torch. Torgo is following behind Bonnie, stopping at the doorway when she examines the chest. I am moving everyone else up to fill in the gaps in the hallway, would anyone else like to move at this time?

1 Like

@CleverPete @EBK @Spotty_Boots @Vader

1 Like

While we are waiting to see if anyone else follows along…

As soon as Dory and Bonnie step into the room, they feel that an impression of unmistakable malice pervades the area. The impressions are vague, yet they both undeniably sense looming malevolence in the room and catch a faint smell of foul breath.

I need Perception checks from @Ajax Dory, and @AndrewCrossett Bonnie.

1 Like

Perception check: 13 + 5 = 18

2 Likes

Did Dory get Heroism? If so she can add +2 to her check.

Bonnie: 8 + 8 + 2 = 18

“I sense malice.”

2 Likes