Mystery Science Pathfinder 3k Act IV - The Amazing, Colossal Play by Post Campaign

And an Arcane Lock means they don’t have to trust them very much at all, since none of the students are advanced enough for Dispel Magic or Knock – so if something goes missing, there are only two suspects.

1 Like

If this is Cornjob’s room, I’d expect to find his spellbook, and at least one wand. But they could be in that chest.

Let’s put all of these packages and the potions in the haversack for later ID.

2 Likes

Is it a crime to possess and transport these packages and potions if they are drugs? The Lawgiver may know what these items are from looking into Cornjob’s mind.

3 Likes

I can hear Johnny saying “Oh, man… do you have any idea of the street value of this stuff?”

3 Likes

Medio was thinking about the value too, but more for bargaining our way through the back alleys rather than personal profit.

2 Likes

Having a small sample of Aether could also be useful for us to test the engines in the Tower, once we’re far enough down that road to be thinking about that. Depending on how the process of making it ingestible works.

Dory has heard enough about how pesh ruins lives not to want to profit from it, but she’s not around at the moment, so Medio can make his own choices without her making her sad face.

1 Like

Bonnie wouldn’t want to profit from it, but it could be a way to explain our presence in the Back Alleys. Don’t think I’d want to try selling drugs there with Thamir Gixx not getting his cut…

1 Like
2 Likes

Hana at least is advanced enough to know knock, though it wasn’t in her spellbook, and the school could control whether they allow the students to learn such spells.
From the way the place seems to have operated, I wouldn’t be surprised if while knock wasn’t on the curriculum, there isn’t a grimoire somewhere on the grounds that has it. After all, they were in the business of corrupting young minds. So making them steal the spell so that they can break in and steal more stuff from the faculty … might be how they determine when students are ready to “graduate”. Mikey, Ichio, and Akio were likely to be in the next class to go to the Back Alleys.

2 Likes

“And Ayden didn’t steal no grimoire either… I did!”

2 Likes

Where oh where has our GM gone? I need distraction.

2 Likes

I am here, if someone is planning to open the chest, or take some other action…

1 Like

Bonnie opens that chest.

1 Like

Surprise! There are no surprises when you open the chest, and it is mostly filled with robes and underclothes. Among the articles of clothing you find 2 scrolls, 4 wands, a small leather bag which seems to contain a large amount of dust, and a belt pouch with 29 pp, 256 gp, and 50 sp.

1 Like

@TheHippy

Dory has been waiting for a response to her knock on Torque’s door, but I didn’t want to step on the exploration stuff, so we can keep splitting the action or let it simmer. She does have some questions about the Robots’ next move, when we have time.

(I had originally thought you’d maybe want to run through her stuff before switching to the things that required map updates, since it seemed like a quickie side quest. But then Dory’s sister was waiting for her!)

:woman: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :dagger:

2 Likes

Bonnie will scan the clothing with detect magic to see if any of it is magical.

1 Like

Nice, our coin reserves are increasing again. I think we’re up around 1000 gp between Mesli and Cornjob’s walking around money.

:coin:

1 Like

Did Mesli have any cash? We found 310 gp on Pasha.

2 Likes

Was that Pasha? I thought it was Mesli’s.

Double-checked, you’re right. Mesli’s coin must be in her room.

PS, don’t forget to remove those un-appraised gems with the next party page update. We gave those back to the Taskmaster.

1 Like

Oops, sorry, I guess I missed that she had approached the Robots already.

She does not have to knock, once again, the door to Torque’s room opens as she walks toward it. Two soldiers flank the door, and Torques is behind his desk. “You return.” Torques says with his usual flatness, “You may approach.”

2 Likes