Mystery Science Pathfinder 3k Act IV - The Amazing, Colossal Play by Post Campaign

Mart stops performing and speaks up. “We need to speak to Medard. Madam Estrella saw some of your lot getting chewed up by what I can only assume were mixed-up zombies. It scared her so much that she’s giving up her shop. There’s a necromancer that we’re chasing, and Medard will be glad of our assistance.”

3 Likes

“Might you be Medard?”

3 Likes

Dory doesn’t make any sudden moves, but she has her shield ready to cover Medio if she hears the sound of a crossbow. (Saving Shield.)

2 Likes

Medio ponders casually reaching for his toothpick, but decides against it.

2 Likes

Medio could challenge him to a duel for safe passage, toothpick vs. tindertwig.

2 Likes

“So, you lot want to speak to Medard, but yer not even sure if I’m him or not.” The halfling with the tindertwig says, “I’m not Medard, the name’s Felix, and I got a nose for bollocks. Smells to me like Estrella’s cooked up a load of bollocks for you to tell, so you can get close to him. An, what’s your play when you do get close to him, eh? Cut him down, isn’t it? So’s Estrella can take over these Alleys with her undead. That it? Well, I ain’t workin’ for no witch, and a Human to boot. So you can just go back to her shop and tell her I’m wise, and soon Medard’s gonna be wise too.”

1 Like

“Whatever Estrella has cooked up, she fled after feeding it to us.”

1 Like

“Here is something she didn’t cook up: We aren’t here to fight for turf, and we are not here to assassinate any Halflings.”

1 Like

“You do not sound particularly wise at the moment,” Dory says. “A wise person would listen more carefully when the truth is spoken, instead of blustering.”

(I’m not entirely sure Dory can see the Halfling at the moment, but she can hear him.)

1 Like

“If anyone’s going to be taking over these alleys with undead, it’s Samark Moonkantor. We’ve information from two sources, Estrella being the second, that he’s in Potters’ Lane, with a few of his necromancy students, children kidnapped from Golarion. Might be a construct called ‘the Clever’ with them as well.”

1 Like

“I am Medio. That boastful one is Dory, and the eager talker is Mart.”

2 Likes

Since she’s been introduced, Dory nods politely at where she thinks the sound is coming from. “A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Master Felix, Master Norbert.”

1 Like

“Samark Moonkanter is indeed our target.”

1 Like

“So you says.” The Halfling shrugs, “We Blighters ain’t ones to take people on what they says. That kind of trust gets you real dead, real quick in the Back Alleys. You want me to take your word, you’ll have to give me a little something to earn that trust.”

“A wise young bird, so pretty as a princess, shouldn’t come flaunting shiny armor, and expensive gear in the Back Alleys, she want’s to stay pretty for long.”

She can see him, he is standing in the range of Torgo’s light, and only Coleman and Medio are in front of her, and they are both short. She can’t see Nordbert, however, as even if he weren’t invisible, the building to her right would obstruct her view.

“Oh, the minstrel’s dropping names like they’s words to a song.” Felix replies, “Not that I’m picking anything up. Why don’t you drop by The Other Half some time. If you play well enough, we might even let you keep them nice rings you’re wearin’.”

“It seems introductions are out of the way,” Felix says, “I guess the rest are hired help, then?”

“Well, I’m right chuffed.”

1 Like

“I’m the sidekick.”

4 Likes

No.

1 Like

Mart gives Felix a big smile. “Yes, I’d love to drop by The Other Half and meet Medard. Thank you for offering. Please, lead the way.”

1 Like

“Sure, but you’ll have to leave the entourage behind.”

1 Like

“Help you are like to be in need of, aye.” Dory responds. “Once Samark has finished off your friends, he will raise their corpses send them after you. Unless perhaps some passing bigfolk with shiny armor were to step in and stop him, that is.”

Dory cocks her head curiously, “Or do you think Medard prefers to spend his own men on such a task? I do not know him, perhaps he longs for your deaths.”

1 Like

“Oh? We happen to have something very important to give you. We can destroy the horde of Undead and evil wizard that are trying to kill everyone. If there are no Undead or evil wizards that need to be destroyed, then we have wasted our time here.”

1 Like