… it doesn’t buy me flowers anymore.

2 Likes

Depression-kopita with cheese

1 Like

An episode of Chopped

2 Likes

This is not my beautiful wife…

1 Like

I’m not depressed. I’m disabled. Also I can’t use my stove due to a whole thing with the gas meter that’s taking forever to fix. So this is the cooking I’m capable of right now. It’s low effort and microwaved in a bowl instead of baked, but the pastry was already baked. It just needed some protein to balance out the meal, and to make that work, I really only needed to melt the cheese and reheat the rest. It may not look like much, but it was actually pretty good under the circumstances, if I must say so myself.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I would totally eat Bachelor Chow all the time if I could. I mean I like food, but I can go out to a restaurant if I want something nice. If my dog can eat a couple of bowls of kibble a day, why can’t I?

2 Likes

You could start a youtube channel exploring that topic.

2 Likes

Ugh, broken stove stinks. I’m sorry, I wasn’t meaning to say you were depressed! :heart: I have my own struggles with a depression and anviety and such, so throwing together some weird combination in a pinch is what I was identifying with. :sweat_smile: I’m glad it was good though! Easy leftovers meals can be hits for sure. I hope your stove gets fixed soon so you’ve got some more options for putting together meals. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not self-absorbed enough yet.

1 Like

I get it. I have a lot of friends who struggle with depression and anxiety. I’m sorry to hear you’re dealing with that. I hope you find things that help you. (One of my friends has recently had success trying a couple of new things, which has been really good to see.) I wasn’t offended or anything. I read it as “It looks like the food of depression,” which, like I said, I understand. Not the reaction I was hoping for, or how I was trying to look at it, but I can definitely see how you could relate to it that way. (Sorry to go on about this so long. It’s not a big deal. I just like to try to clarify when I can.)

Maybe Tom and Crow can help you with that. Their wet t-shirt research may be applicable!

3 Likes

Self-absorbed. I’m already self-absorbent.

1 Like

I see. Your trouble is that you’re too tense.

2 Likes

I only use one when I go camping normally.

2 Likes

Ah, yes. I haven’t tried it, but I understand it can be intense.

2 Likes

No worries! I guess in a way it looks like the food of depression in that putting many things in a bowl and adding cheese is a passable way to go during down days. :joy:

1 Like

nothing tops cereal for dinner

2 Likes

Pep-pep.

1 Like