Nate Begle

How many people are still waiting for the truth about why Nate left? He had his kid during the live and came back. He filmed a bunch of stuff for season 13 and then disappeared. They didn’t even give him props for all his hard work during the after shows. If someone would just give us a real reason maybe we could move on. Ok, maybe I could move on. Lol
I’m not really that mad. Just always been curious. Kelsey’s great and definitely the prettiest Crow.:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

He left the show. That’s all we need to know.

9 Likes

Not good enough.
Join Us Mystery Science Theater 3000 GIF by MOODMAN

Stop the presses! I found… the answer.

5 Likes

It’s good enough for me. It’s pretty clear this was a personal matter. That’s all we need to know.

4 Likes

Thank you for putting that controversy to rest!
Let us talk about whats really wrong here…

2 Likes

TOO MANY HATS

4 Likes

Wanting all the juicy gossip, huh?

Not a good look, dude. Not a good look.

MYOB

4 Likes

So it turns out that having a kid isn’t a one-and-done thing. Who’dathunkit?

“Look — I spawned you, what more do you want?”

7 Likes

I couldn’t imagine doing something as intense as working on a TV series while I had a newborn. It’s exhausting and takes up all of your time and leaving it up to your partner to do it all is a dick move. I do not blame him at all.

4 Likes

You could say this about most jobs. Some people don’t have a choice in the matter.

1 Like

Okay? But he did have a choice. And he made it.

2 Likes

That only seems to describe the effort put into the search for answers, since he opened up about it a couple of months ago.

We were not owed an answer, neither from Nate, nor MST3k. I could tell by the way he talked about it that it was difficult decision that he had to make. It was made more obvious by how long it took for him to talk about it. Regardless, it really was none of our business, and @Vader was spot on about it.

8 Likes

It was clearly a dream job and, just based on the livestreams and such, he was obviously having a blast with it. I don’t know how big a fan of the show he was before he started touring, but he definitely was one by the time they started filming Season 13. He’d also been with Emily’s cast for a long time due to the touring.

I would hate having to make that decision and I respect him for putting his family first even when having to make a choice that hard. A lot of people wouldn’t have.

5 Likes

How about we leave Nate alone and talk about Larry Storch instead?

4 Likes

I heard Warner Brothers cancelled F Troop because when they were filming the first episode of season 3, Larry Storch kicked the cannon, and knocked down the WB water tower, which is the real reason Yakko, Wakko and Dot escaped.

6 Likes

When I was a kid, I thought ‘Larry Storch’ was ‘Larry Stork,’ so I always think of him as a bird.

2 Likes

That’s okay, when I was a kid I thought Larry Storch was Larry Linville, and I couldn’t figure out why he was settling for Loretta Switt.

2 Likes

You’d settle for Loretta Switt too if you were a ferret-face.

2 Likes

MOD HAT: Okay, this has been answered. I’ll be closing the thread now. :slight_smile:

5 Likes