Nature photography: show us your best pics

That’s a dang shame. As a Virginian I’m there quite often, and it’s a haven not just for scenery, but for wildlife as well. Granted, the accommodations vary widely, and if you want something from a store, better bring it with you.

1 Like

Johnston Canyon and Takkakaw Falls. (Why yes, I am obsessed with waterfalls…)

12 Likes

All of these are from Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada. I highly recommend this park. It’s a little further from Vegas (~45 min) and less well-known than Red Rocks, but I think prettier. I’ve been a couple of times and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen another person there.

This is an enticement or warning depending on how you feel, but if you go at sunset you might get to see bats!

11 Likes

This thread is amping up my Wanderlust. I’m hopefully have a few more worth posting in a month. :framed_picture:

5 Likes

A sadly low-rez version of a picture I took of a double rainbow near my house…

And a higher-rez image of a typical hike where I live.

13 Likes

Ok, so far I keep showing parts of the western US. Time for the east.

This one is Gay Head on Martha’s Vineyard. Yes, it is the western part of the island, but this is still pretty far east.

Back on the mainland, this is Scituate Light in…Scituate. And I think I’m spelling it wrong.

And finally a fave of mine of Plymouth Harbor in, again, Plymouth. Like the car.

As for screenshots, I don’t mind people downloading my images as long as they are for personal use. Aka, do NOT (yeet) sell or profit from them. Thus the copyright tag in the corner.

12 Likes

(you mean don’t sell) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoops. :face_with_spiral_eyes:
Thanks

(fixed in edit)

1 Like

10 Likes

Aw, it’s not loading for me.

Now I see it. It must be a big file.

1 Like

Gorgeous! Where is that?

1 Like

This morning on my way to work…

10 Likes

I put copyrights on my photos too. Not because I think they are so great, but because a number of my original artworks have been recirculated and put on desktop wallpaper sites. So I mark them all now out of habit. Plus I like knowing at a glance what year I took at, as they blur into one another as I get older.

2 Likes

Near Ogden Utah, maybe 45 minutes north of Salt Lake City.

2 Likes

The sky was looking extra nice this morning.

1 Like

Mississippi River, Pikes Peak State Park.

8 Likes

I was thinking it looked like the Wasatch Front, but I wasn’t sure.

2 Likes

Some pictures from last fall. Can’t wait to get out and see the colors this year.

11 Likes

10 Likes

This one’s for @TeriG

Upper Yosemite Falls, Yosemite National Park CA. Taken May 2002.

10 Likes