Naughty Bits

I was thinking of something like that as well, a bunch of balloons being released from the theater rows. As you say, there are a number of ways they could play with the balloons to add to the gag.

2 Likes

The Mystery Fandom Theater 3000 episode with Timecop had cambotā€™s lens crack during the naughty scene in that movie.

4 Likes

I like MSTā€™s ā€œkeep it PGā€ attitude; at this point I think itā€™s baked into the DNA of the show, so changing it would significantly change the tone of the show. When I want something a little rougher around the edges, Iā€™ve got RiffTrax! Itā€™s the best of both worlds.

As for how MST does it, I await their next clever censoring move. The umbrella, the drones, even the fleeting moon logo in Devil Fish, all were funny. I like the idea of GPC using her big head to cover something, or maybe some piece of the theater breaks and hangs down in front of the screen.

7 Likes

[Growler steps directly in front of Cambot, obscuring any onscreen naughtiness]

ā€œHey guys, whatcha doinā€™?ā€

9 Likes

Kingachrome is such a wonky storage medium that thereā€™s no telling what sorts of things might bubble up through it during playback.

7 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s kinda what I was thinking, too.

2 Likes

I was just rereading Roberta Gregoryā€™s bleak but hilarious Nineties Xmas Naughty Bits comics. For a brief moment, I thought someone else was honoring this old tradition, too.

2 Likes

Apologiesā€”I missed that in your earlier post.

2 Likes

Iā€™m responsible for any and all bubbles!

Now to link this to the Fibs about you topicā€¦

3 Likes

So Glad someone else has remembered CTā€¦ Now if only someone would also remember the Film Crewā€¦

They could also just use an umbrella, like they did way back

1 Like

Bullbutter! :wink:

1 Like

Ha, I used to read her! Good stuff indeed, one of my favorite comix authors. I was also reading Alison Bechdel back in college, long before Fun Home and The Bechdel Test catapulted her to semi-fame.

1 Like

And even RiffTrax does some of it in their live shows. Space Mutiny with the digital gorilla gram was hilarious. They started fighting about what it was (Mike said it was a hippo and Kevin tried to be diplomatic and say it was a gorilla-hippo hybrid).

3 Likes

What if they went the Horrors of Spider Island route and just erased the nips like in the swimming scene??

1 Like

Humblebrag.

Rabbit Troop sucks!

3 Likes

dang now I want a sexy sax version of Mighty Science Theaterā€¦

9 Likes

ā€œLove Theme From MST3K [AFTER DARK]ā€

8 Likes

Get Bridget and Mary Jo to sing it. They did a great job of it in their riff of Terror by Night. :smiley:

6 Likes

Donā€™t you mean MST3XXX?

You know, even Iā€™m not going to pursue that thought any further, in sheer self-defense.

2 Likes

Aww I miss Home Movies.

4 Likes