New in Update #26: Details on production and Kickstarter rewards, plus more MST3K Live tour dates are on the way!

Send in the clones! :joy:

But seriously, so glad to hear they’ll be part of the new episodes.

2 Likes

For those of us who added on the “The Ultimate MST3K Digital Collection” option - how will that be delivered? Will it be delivered soon, on a existing platform, or is it going to wait for the launch of the Gizmoplex?

2 Likes

Definitely down for a quality pair of 3D glasses. I’ll wear those suckers outside too, 'cause it gets pretty two-dimensional out there these days. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thank you @ivan for the report back and the confirmation that both versions will work. Getting more and more excited!!

2 Likes

Yeah, I grabbed a bunch of digital versions of episodes and wondering the same. I suspect we won’t have access until the Gizmoplex is up and running.

2 Likes

and it makes it easier to see the void stuff.
Annnddd no one got that reference. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

I like artron energy. It makes pretty trails!

And I’m pretty sure Dalek Sec here knows of what you speak. :grin:

4 Likes

I did the digital-only pledge but was curious about the glasses. I actually have several of the cardboard ones (from the Harold Lloyd collection box set, and an Abbott and Costello movie (for a 3D comic that was included, not the film). So I’m good there it seems.

Happy to read that we will soon have more live dates announced. Crossing fingers.

2 Likes

viod stuff

Ahh someone did get it!

4 Likes

I whatever number it is now the plastic 3D glasses

Great to see they fit over glasses, never have an issue with the RealD glasses from the cinemas. Well apart from the fact my slightly messed up eyes don’t really SEE 3D like that :rofl:

I’m weak and would probably cave and buy both versions. For collections sake. They’re not exactly a big item to store either :wink:

Concessions pack, scalloped edge “traditional” bucket just seems appropriate. And the cup with a straw and lid. To give you the real cinema feel

2 Likes

Just keep those clones away from the Marvel side of Disney and Professor Miles Warren, and we’re good.

2 Likes

Yes on the plastic 3D glasses!!

1 Like

For whatever it’s worth, there’s two major types of plastic I’ve noticed - “soft” plastic and “hard” plastic.

In my experience “soft” plastic is actually MUCH more durable and stands up to wear and tear better than “hard” plastic, which has a tendency to crack and break under the slightest bit of stress. I believe it’s because “soft” plastic has a bendy/elastic property that makes it so it can handle levels of usage stress that hard plastic just can’t.

I, for one, use nothing but soft plastic plates in my home. I actually prefer them to ceramic plates. They also do much better in the microwave without the container becoming hot!

So, I guess I’m saying, if you make anything out of plastic, I STRONGLY suggest soft plastic for its long term durability.

4 Likes

Put me firmly in the upgraded 3d glasses bucket.

2 Likes

When in it doubt, make it last for years.

3 Likes

How much is it to upgrade to the snow globe? I love snow globes and can’t believe I missed that option during the Kickstarter campaign.

1 Like

Regarding a 3D glasses upgrade, would a CLIP-ON option be available for those of us who already wear glasses?

As for the concession kits, durability is important, but something that’s not to big would help so much when it comes to storing them when not in use. Nesting the cup inside the bucket would also be useful for storage.

4 Likes

We’ve asked, and they’ve said clip-ons actually create MORE problems for people with glasses, especially if there’s a size difference in the lenses, etc – but the good news is, we’re accounting for backers with glasses. (More than half of the MST3K team wear glasses too, so it’s on our minds!)

More details + sample image here:

8 Likes

I’m on board with the durable 3d glasses. Even though I may catch heat from the Mrs, I think it’s a worthwhile upgrade.

As for popcorn bucket, I’m someone who like quality and quantity in my corn. I’m only going to get one bucket, and I can share a big one with my kiddo. I like the scalloped style and stripes because that old-timey look says movie theater popcorn to me.

I’m less worried about the drink cup. I’ll use it, for sure, but I’m not going to take it on road trips or to the office, so a lid is not a deal-breaker. Durable and easy to clean are what I’m hoping for.

These updates are awesome, and I’m looking forward to lots more. Thank you!

2 Likes

I was wondering if there are any live shows being considered in Canada? I haven’t seen any information about that, unless I missed it.

2 Likes