New Mads show Nov. 9 - "Voyage to the Planet of the Prehistoric Women"

12 Likes

I just bought my ticket!

1 Like

Me tooā€¦

1 Like

I think I bought mine, Iā€™ll have to check my emails or the other Mads thread and see if I mentioned that.

Iā€™ve seen the original, ā€œPlanet of Stormsā€, but never this version.

I had to do the sameā€”since they hadnā€™t named the movie yet, I had no recollection of buying my ticket.

1 Like

I add the shows to my calendar when I buy the tickets. Makes it easier to schedule things around some awesome riffing

2 Likes

And I did buy a ticket, so Iā€™m set.

I was reading up on it, and Corman managed to get a couple of movies out of footage from Planet of Storms.

1 Like

I knew a bunch of directors came from the Corman camp, but I either didnā€™t know or had forgotten Bogdanovich was one of them.

1 Like

I might sign up for this one; the time difference usually makes these events tricky, but weā€™re down to four hours at the moment and Iā€™m off work next week to boot.

2 Likes

Tickets include a download as well, so that helps.

1 Like

Thank you @FastidiousRobot for letting us (me) know. I now have a ticket too :slightly_smiling_face: Thisā€™ll be my 1st Mads show. Iā€™m stoked!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen both. The one the Mads are doing is the weirder version.

But you get to see Mamie Van Doren in a seashell bra.

And her name is Moana. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is one that I wish that I hadnā€™t missed, and of course had it come to mind when PB passed away. The simple blunt reality of what it took to get it released ā€˜hereā€™ is just so damn true and matter of fact . Thereā€™s some quite good work in it (well, Planeta Bur) and I suppose you could discuss various merits and assets til the seacows come home, but manā€¦ itā€™s a bit of a ride.

1 Like

Dumb Industries is now selling copies of The Mads streams. The first 5 streams are on the website for purchase. Perhaps this one will be included later.

3 Likes

Yeah, they do a rewatch a year later, then put it up on Dumb Industries a day or so later.

1 Like