New Member Q&A

Welcome to the MST3K Discourse Forum!

For new members of the forum, please use this thread to ask any questions you may have about how the forum works. We have lots of veteran members here happy to help out!

Veteran members, please feel free to offer help and answer any questions! Unlike most of the forum areas, we do ask that questions in this area be given accurate replies and the off topic-ness be kept to a minimum. Thanks.

18 Likes

@discobot, now’s your time to shine!

6 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

7 Likes

@discobot Do you pass the Turing test?

7 Likes

Discobot is currently trying to come up with a super-witty and cool reply, but before he can post it, he’ll get wrapped up in a side-gig and forget about it for a few days, and then it will just feel AWKWARD, so he’ll fret about it for a couple years and hope you’ve forgotten the question.

So yes. He passes the Turing test.

13 Likes

Yes. He saw the Turing test, said pass. QED

6 Likes

If I tell Discobot to block all orders from Skynet, will that be good or bad for us?

4 Likes

Question: Should new members search for a thread subject before starting a new topic?

Answer: Absolutely! There are already a treasure trove of threads that dive deep into many a topic. Instead of starting from scratch, read what’s been posted previously, and reawaken the thread to keep it going and all in one convenient location! Huzzah!

13 Likes

I regret that I have but one like to give to that post.

7 Likes

Yes, please! There are tons of great threads that have lost steam. I’m particularly sad about the pets and my (admittedly dumb) D&D thread. If you wake up an older thread you will likely get replies from the folks who started it in the first place and light it back up. This is a wonderful thing.

7 Likes

I keep finding I’ve thrown the wrong term in search to locate previous threads on the topic :pensive:

Am grateful when the mods point out duplications.

6 Likes

I agree that can be an issue and one I’m guilty of myself. I’d recommend trying to search for a few different terms before starting a new thread. There are still many topics that haven’t been explored yet.

6 Likes

Making mistakes is how we learn, repeating mistakes is how we get banned :grin:

7 Likes

Smart people like us make mistakes everyday, but we soon learn from them. Only people with a dark bronze heart repeat the mistakes, and then they get banned.

4 Likes

Hey! Just curious, I’m a kickstarter backer, how can i get it to show up on my profile thing? Thanks, glad to be a part of this!

4 Likes

Check out the help file here:

7 Likes

I searched the Forum and Help and didn’t find my answer, but someone else (Vader) magically had a link handy. So here’s how to report closed captioning issues or corrections. It’s super-annoying that you have to repeatedly fill out the same info over and over if you have a big list, but at least it exists, eh?

4 Likes

My old e-mail provider was pretty much a one-man operation, and the owner just died. So I need to change my e-mail address for this forum. Help?

1 Like

Hey @Tim_Sandaele, we’re checking on that procedure and will be in contact soonest!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

2 Likes