New Title Cards

I’m really liking the new title cards on VHX but The Final Sacrifice is missing the new title card. Also has anyone noticed there are extra versions of a few episodes? I’ve got The Sidehackers on The MST3k Classic Collection and on the Deluxe Collection, and Mitchell on the Deluxe Collection and on the Classic Collection. Also where is Hobgoblins?

4 Likes

Total speculation on my part, but since they don’t currently have rights to The Final Sacrifice and it isn’t part of any of the rewards for this campaign, it may not have been on the list to update for this release.

I’m probably wrong … that’s just the first that that popped to mind.

3 Likes

It doesn’t even come up in search results, since I 100% don’t own it.

2 Likes

Maybe you’re right. Final Sacrifice is still streamable so I can watch it. It’s too bad they lost the rights to it. Do you know anything about Hobgoblins? It’s missing as well.

2 Likes

New title card minutiae:

1. Neil Connery’s movie went by three different titles, but the episode itself only called it Operation Double 007. I wonder why the title card uses Operation Kid Brother.

2. The new Crash of Moons title card still includes the extra “the” that was on the old art.

1 Like

When Shout released Operation Double 007 on DVD, it was under the kid brother title. Presumably so Eon/Sony/MGM/the Broccolis didn’t sue over the use of a Bond trademarks.

5 Likes

Makes total sense.

2 Likes

Hobgoblins just turned up today with the ultimate upgrade collection. Still no final sacrifice though.

1 Like

I think you have access to Final Sacrifice only if you bought it in the Classic Collection the first time around. Shout seems to have lost the rights to that episode (the DVD is out of print and it doesn’t appear in the Ultimate collection or anywhere else on VHX for me, who didn’t own it previously). So it may not get a new card.

4 Likes

I just now noticed that there’s an icon for the host in the lower left corner with what I assume is the chronological episode number. I came for the typography but I’m staying for the completely awesome.

7 Likes

We all have to send Tjardus a nice Christmas card. One that has a pop up and a little song when it opens.

6 Likes

It’s good to know though that when something like this happens we don’t lose access to the episodes. I was worried about this with them being Online and everything.

2 Likes

His website has a contact page…
http://tjardus.com/contact

4 Likes

It bugged me that only some of the episodes had these new posters… so I filled in the gaps. See link on Imgur.

Feel free to grab them if you’d like them.

7 Likes

These look great! Thanks for making these and filling in those gaps.

2 Likes

I guess now a good question would be if anyone could provide images of the rest of the title cards? The ones actually being used on the new MST3K app. Because they look pretty dang cool and I would love to have them on their own.

1 Like

You can grab them directly from mst3k.vhx.tv.

1. Choose a movie
  2. Right-click (Control-click on Mac) the title card to download

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Although that link should end in .tv.

3 Likes

Thank you—fixed!

2 Likes

Well, because I am a complete lunatic and I demand for everything to be complete and organized, I downloaded… all of them.

Yes, I have all of the title cards and I even sorted them by season. So, there’s that. I just need to season 13 ones now, but those will be released with each new episode.

7 Likes