New Year's Resolutions

With 2022 upon us, what are your New Year’s Resolutions? Losing weight, reading a book, watching Season 7 of MST3K? Anything speak to you? Much changing in the New Year?

1 Like

I’m thinking I’m going to do EVERYTHING

Diet, exercise, hobby, job, house, you name it

Or, my fallback plan is “nothing”

We’ll see :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

My doctor has ordered me to lose weight or I’ll probably have to start taking statins. So that’s one resolution.

I also want to catch up on seasons 11 and 12 before the Gizmoplex officially launches.

1 Like

My New Year resolution is 3840 × 2160.

2 Likes

Me? Labor away on my physical regimen, keep supporting my friends and family, being the best person that’s possible, refining what progress I’ve made in my own life, and staying humble, open, and truthful with myself moving forward. These are closer to continuations of past resolutions not New Year’s Resolutions of now and yet to re-christen today feels appropriate.

My resolution is basically this, humor aside:

3 Likes

Study Japanese kanji if I ever want to go to Japan again one of these years, do more fanart, and Season 13 of MST3K!!!

1 Like

2021 was a tough one for me overall in terms of goals. I accomplished some nice big picture stuff, but I fell short in some areas that I’m usually very consistent on.

Every year I have a goal to read 30 books, and most years I end up reading more than that. But in 2021 I ended up only getting to 26, which is a bummer. First year I’ve missed that goal in a long time. I also backslid on some health targets, after getting into the best shape of my life in 2019/early 2020.

Anyway, my goals for this year:

1. Focus on health:

• Get back to regular healthy eating and get back to a target weight range.
    • Make working out a regular routine instead of something that only happens on occasion. My approach for this is going to be to work out much more regularly, but not beat myself up about working out for extended periods of time. Regular, small workouts - short jogs and some balanced weight training - are what I’m aiming for.
  2. Figure out a way to read more and hit at least 30 books in 2022. My regular life routines were disrupted in mid 2021, and I didn’t figure out how to get my diet, exercise, and reading routines back on track fast enough to hit those 2021 goals. So making sure to create a space for me to do those things will go a long way to hitting both my first and second goals for the year.

3. Write more. Writing has always been a big part of my life, but I haven’t made it as much of a priority in the last couple of years. For this one I’m more interested in process over product, so I don’t have a big “write this many articles this year” type of goal, but I do want to regularly journal and work on creative writing projects that may or may not ever be seen by anyone else.

2 Likes