News of the Weird

I for one welcome our new volcano pope.

10 Likes
4 Likes

Not sure if I’d call it an “act of ingenuity” as said by Lt. Chelsea Garcia, the search and rescue mission coordinator. :laughing:

But yay! It worked! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s the same island a another crew was marooned on a few years ago.

They used sand instead of palm fronds.

Maybe the Micronesian government ought to consider placing an emergency radio there? Doesn’t have to be something fancy.

3 Likes

Um… what???

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/10/world/aosta-italy-french-woman-dead-scli-intl/index.html

3 Likes

Is CNN trying to make me not believe in Italian vampires? Because it’s really not working.

2 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

I’m reminded of this quote -

“But mainly I guess I learned that you never eat at a place called Moms. You never play cards with a guy named Pops, and most importantly that a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.” - Harry Anderson

8 Likes

Do you think she even knows there was an eclipse here seven years ago? Did she think that was, like, the practice Rapture?

6 Likes

She wasn’t raptured in the first rapture, so she figured if she was more generous, she would get raptured in the second rapture.

6 Likes

Seven years?? There was one in October of last year!

4 Likes

In Papua, yeah, but that’s why I said “here” :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe she’s an eclipse chaser and a regretful big tipper all over the world.

3 Likes

No, it crossed the US too. Granted, it was an annular eclipse,but still.

2 Likes

Annular eclipses are like white chocolate. There’s just something missing.

3 Likes

Yes, but would your rapture care?

2 Likes

It’s only the rapture if it’s a total solar eclipse directly over your house.

3 Likes

Oh yeah those don’t count. Everyone knows you need totality for the Rapture.

5 Likes

There’s only one thing you need for a rapture and that’s Deboarh Harry doing the whitest rap ever.

3 Likes