🐒 NO ANTEATERS ALLOWED 🐒 in your OPEN THREAD for tonight's Tribute to OVERDRAWN AT THE MEMORY BANK!

So, was that our last short? It was 12 total we were promised, right?

Matt mentioned IAMP will be the final tribute show, but no mention of a short with that one, so I’m thinking that this was it for new riffed content?

(If it was, that was a hell-of-a great way to close season 13 (new riffed content wise), I thought the short was funny as all get out, one of the top 3 -Cavalcade is still my #1)

2 Likes

I thought he mentioned a short …

2 Likes

Does Mr. B Natural count as a new short? :thinking:

2 Likes

That would appear to be the case, as per the credits of the Overdrawn tribute:

7 Likes

You gonna believe everything you see on the internet?

4 Likes

@mattmcg22 is usually reliable. (said in the voice of the Muppet Ghost of Christmas Present)

4 Likes

[lowers head shamefully]

… yes.

5 Likes

How many more shorts left?

2 Likes

I don’t think any of them left. They’re all still around.

5 Likes

That’s on me. I’m sorry, my wife wanted to watch Shark Tank.

1 Like

Man, I was really hoping for a Netflix crew short. This one was still good.
I’m a little disappointed that we’re not getting any information on season 14 though. That said, this event was super fun and I’m so excited for IAMP next month.

1 Like

A very confusing movie with some great sketches, but I would have appreciated being able to hear the original riffs and the movie a bit better. Maybe add some subtitles or something.

2 Likes

We still have another whole month left.

1 Like

All right. I think I finally get the plot, so here it is for all those people who say they can’t follow this one:

Fingal’s in trouble because he keeps watching movies on the clock, so he gets assigned to take a vacation doppled as a monkey for 2 days. But weirdly horny kid swapped out the tags on his body while he was out, and it was wheeled away for a sex change. His cube is set to expire after his manditory vacation, so if they can’t get him back into his body he’s toast. Bored and trapped in a dreamlike state without a body, he starts forming his own reality inside the matrix and bases it off his favorite “Cinema.” All of this looks bad for the company, so the CEO/effectively the president of everything makes it his mission to try to just let Fingal die while Apolonia tries to get him out safely so he can resume his life in corporate hell.

5 Likes

yeah, that combined with the already over busy concept of people talking over other people talking over a movie made this one a miss for me. love the gang being there but gotta have the levels right, and they should limit the amount of times they interject to mostly reacting to their favorite parts and not trying to fill space or it ends up just being too much.
maybe add in a few minutes at the breaks for them to talk about what happened, point out their favorite bits, or even riff opportunities they saw that were missed, etc.

3 Likes

Thanks - that’s what I get for not finishing with the end credits.

I did replay Matt’s announcement, but didn’t hear mention of a short, but if he did say it and I didn’t hear it after 2 listens all I can conclude is that getting old is schmidt! :laughing:

2 Likes

“And that’s why the theme song covers eating and breathing, folks!”

I got “Did I tell you my mother’s here” (from the season 7 intro) vibes from that reply

4 Likes

I just want to say thanks again for doing the riffalong format, I really enjoyed those over the kickstarter and Mindless Summer, and it was nice to have another one. I appreciate the folks taking time out of their lives to just sit and watch the show and be funny for us for a while, that’s just really great. And I get how hard it is to try and sustain that energy, unscripted, for such a long period of time. That’s fine, everyone did great.

7 Likes

yeah, def, I think i proposed something like that as a theme in a prior thread. I’d call it “Good Boys Gone Boring”…

4 Likes

Absolutely true. I’m just antsy.

1 Like