Non-riffing collections

Mmmm… book collecting! I love love love the smell of books: old books, new books. Unsurprisingly, many scientists are bibliophiles. Irony is that my ADD is so severe I rarely read. You my friend have a really niche collection, though! I myself never think much about private press books… I did know a fella who bound journal reprints into books.

2 Likes

I mentioned in an older thread about hobbies, that I don’t collect like I used too, and have sold off a lot of what I had, to clear the clutter (you get older, you realize you can’t take it with you, and you don’t want to saddle your family with all your stuff)

But I still have a lot of movies, on DVD, BD and on flashdrives (edit, most of my VHS have been replaced, but I have a few of those too). Bookshelves are so full, that now I have stacks and stacks of them on the floor of the bedroom.

Some are well organized (my Criterion types, my Hammer, Godzilla and Bond films, Brando and Blanchett and Buster are all neatly collected) but some, if I’m in the mood for them, it can be quite the hunt ("where the hell is my copy of “Flashman?!”) :smile:

and with that thought, I leave you with the Flashman theme song (do-be-de-do-be-de-do-be-de-do)

2 Likes

I’m going to revive this thread!

This is my CD collection. It’s mostly based on music I grew up on, music my parents listened to, and random albums I’ve found on Spotify based on those things combined.

1 Like