Noticed another Pay Difference tonight.

A select six episodes are free each month. The others you can rent or buy, or you can watch them from other sources.

1 Like

The Kickstarter raised $6 million, which is a lot for a Kickstarter… but it’s not Netflix money. They can’t give all the episodes away for free for the price of a subscription.

What Majorjoe23 said. Gizmoplex membership gets you access to the season 13 premieres, the live events, a rotating selection of six free episodes per month, some original exclusive Gizmoplex content we haven’t told y’all about yet, whatever episodes you received as part of your backer rewards, and any episodes you want to permanently buy. You also get access to the Gizmoplex virtual theater (eventually, that is currently on a rolling beta launch for the next few weeks, but all backers will get invited to it!). Also, if you want to watch season 11 or 12, you will need to do so either in the Gizmoplex or on Netflix (which has its own monthly fee).

You can absolutely watch some of the classic episodes for free on Shout Factory’s site, if that’s all you really want! The appeal of the Gizmoplex is in the live premieres and events, the virtual theater experience, and the additional bonus stuff we’re developing. Oh, and also, season 13!

12 Likes

Yes. The “a la carte” model was in the campaign description, and pledge tiers were transparent about content that was being gifted outside of the model.

As backers, we funded a season of the show and a home for all of the content. Our support of the Gizmoplex and MST3K’s new home is how we might get a season 14.

10 Likes

Like those rotisserie chickens at the supermarket? I could watch them go around all day.

Seriously, I’m hoping there will be some promos and package offers that entice one into buying episodes. Not that I’ve ever needed much encouragement to re-buy something I already own in another form.

Thanks again for the replies. I missed some things, clearly, but now it’s all cleared up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you got $20 Million to spare, you can get in on this!
mst3k20m

4 Likes

Pretty nice!

Honestly, if I was a billionaire, I’d buy it just to support MST3K.

And I would fund the rights to get some movies they couldn’t get in the past, so we could make fun of Hollywood flops and use our Mystie powers to bring about better movies.

These are also the reasons I am not a billionaire. Turns out you can strike up wealth by simply funding things you think would be hilarious.

3 Likes

$9.99 is for Werewolf, $7.99 is for Warwoof.

3 Likes