NYT Pitchbot on Twitter

One of my favorite Twitter accounts tackles MST3K, sort of.
mst3k pitchbot|690x245

3 Likes

I can’t parse that at all.

2 Likes

Wait.

What? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

So it’s an accurate Maureen Dowd parody, at least. :wink:

I think this is the story they’re referencing.

3 Likes

The more dunking on Maureen Dowd, the better, IMO.

1 Like

Even when I still had a Twitter account I didn’t really speak Twitter that well. I guess I’ll keep it that way. I notice lately they’re getting even more pissy and demanding towards us lurk-only types. :woman_shrugging: Look, Emerald Boy, I already hated bullies which is why I nuked my account in the first place. I’m not rejoining. Give it up. :fu:

1 Like

Yep - they’re doing what Instagram and a few others do where after you look at a couple posts, they block you from seeing any more unless you’re logged in. And Twitter even took it a step further than that; for a few days you couldn’t load ANY tweets if you tried to look at it in incognito mode. They backed down from that, but still…

Twitter is my least favorite of the social networks and it’s not particularly close.

2 Likes

The Elongated Muskrat’s impact on Twitter is purely…wait, what’s the word for “Oh, my God, we’re in the &*!% if it comes out that 1/3rd of our users are bots and 95% of the rest never log in.”

Anyway, they’ve been ratcheting that stuff up-and-down all year, as well as doing YouTube’s BS of “We only know you’re over 18 if you have an account.” The collapse of social media is going to be glorious.

1 Like

Well, MR_Potroast brought home a dozen fancy mini-cupcakes from his company’s picnic today. Alas, all I could do when I saw them was shudder and slam the fridge door shut. Because something’s currently very wrong with my stomach. But on the plus side, tomorrow he can take them over to the next door neighbors’ place so hopefully they’ll want to talk to us in person someday. :wink:

2 Likes

Replacing social media with talking to your neighbors? It’ll never catch on!

3 Likes

Next, people will start wanting to work in offices.

3 Likes

lol. I never stopped and I never stopped being cranky about it, either.

2 Likes