Oct 2022 Vault Pick - Brain that wouldn't die - Audio sync issue

The sync is off during the actual episode, but not synthia’s skits or the commercials. The sync gets better near the end of the episode portion but is still off, whereas in the beginning it’s way off. This was on mobile and my desktop.

4 Likes

Yes, same with the AppleTV app. I haven’t finished the movie.

1 Like

The episode also has that weird interlacing thing going on (or is it non-interlacing? Anyway it has choppiness that’s really noticeable whenever the camera pans up or down).

2 Likes

Friendly reminder to add your votes and not just comment!

1 Like

De-Interlacing. That’s a tough one because tv’s don’t do pictures like that anymore. I’m guessing their master tape isn’t the greatest quality.

1 Like

Don’t ask for the episode to be surgically enhanced. That would require a transplant, and we’re all out of neck juice.

5 Likes

I noticed this as well, it’s super noticeable at the end when the monster is chewing the doctor and the lab is on fire.

Interestingly, the regular version of this movie in the screening bunker has correct audio and no deinterlacing issues.

1 Like

Had the same audio out of sync issue on my Roku, although I noticed it on host segments as well. It was bad enough that I watched a different vault pick (2 actually). Neither of those had this issue.

1 Like

This has been noted and is being worked on! Hopefully we’ll have a fixed version soon.

7 Likes

Anyone else having sound synch issues on this episode? The Pearl and Synthia segments are fine but the actual show seems off

1 Like

Moved this into the Bug Reports area where it can be voted on.

If you are having issues with the sound synch for this episode, please vote! Don’t just comment. That way @ivan’s team is aware of the problem.

2 Likes

I’m also having the audio issues. I have voted.

1 Like