October's Here!!!

As you can see it takes VERY little prompting to get me to share my pumpkins :blush:

For a change of pace, here are some uncarved pumpkins that I grew… by accident. I took one of my etched pumpkins (not hollowed out) after Halloween and just… chucked it into the back yard. The next fall, I had these guys.

I’ve never grown anything nearly this successfully on purpose!

9 Likes

These pumpkins are freaking awesome. Sadly I don’t have any awesome pumpkins to share; the closest I have is this poster I made for a quiz night at work a few years ago:

3 Likes

My exact sentiments here. Love enjoying other peoples arts and I think pumpkin carvings can be very artistic and impressive. I’m a bit of a wordsmith, but despite lots of practice I have no painting or drawing ability whatsoever.

1 Like

Now you’ve got plenty of canvas for this year, and just imagine how large of a pumpkin patch you’ll have next year! Just don’t be surprised if you end up finding Linus and Charlie Brown routing around your backyard.

3 Likes

Same. I tell people I paint pictures with words. I can’t draw to save my life. Stick figures are a challenge. LOL!

2 Likes

AW YISS, TIME TO GET SPOOKY

skeleton GIF

skeleton dancing GIF

Excited Jump Around GIF by Originals

4 Likes

Sadly, that was several years ago and I’ve never replicated that success no matter how many pumpkins I chuck randomly into the yard. :sob:

Here’s one I did fully hollow out and decided to to silhouette style. The nighttime view:

4 Likes

I seem to recall not finishing this until early November. Don’t tell! :shushing_face:

“Jumpin’ Pumpkins”

2 Likes

I’m ready.

(… they were out of Boo Berry and Yummy Mummy. )

5 Likes

I have a lot of pumpkins left to show you all :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

In 2009 I decided just a pumpkin wasn’t enough and went for a whole window display. For years we’d lived in a house where the front porch isn’t visible from the street and we hadn’t had a trick-or-treater come to the house in years, but in 2009 we were living in a rental that faced right onto the street, so I decided to fancy up the place.

5 Likes

And now… for a few Halloween-related songs from the rhythm arcade game Taiko no Tatsujin I listened to from Japan (Yes. The songs I picked are in Japanese).

And lastly is a remix of Toccata and Fugue in D Minor:

3 Likes

These are great! I love technofied opera/classical/musicals
:dancing_women: :dancing_women: :dancing_women:

1 Like

Went to this last night:

It was neat! Not your usual “walk through some spoops” situation. They interact with you and there are moments where you have to do things to proceed.

1 Like

GoOp FaCE

3 Likes

I seem to have gotten through October without experiencing any spooky goings on at all. I mean, there is still one day to go, but the chances of anything happening on that day when thirty others have passed without incident seem pretty slim, right? :wink:

4 Likes

How does it avoid collapse? Are there hidden internal supports? :thinking:

2 Likes

I think they’re actually a squash? You practically have to use a dremel to carve them! They also rot very, very slowly - as seen in a pic above

4 Likes

Sadly, no trick or treaters this year. However, I finished two pumpkins and painted a bucket for the primary school.

6 Likes

Great work! Bonus points for including Gossamer.

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like