OFFICIAL PUBLIC SEASON PREMIERE announced for MAY 6. PLUS: good news about classic episodes in the Gizmoplex!

My favorite would be a toss-up between 5 and 8. As for DST…it’s just a thing I’m so used to at this point it’s hard to even have an opinion. It just is?

4 Likes

They were? That sucks. I remember walking to school in the dark, but never any close calls.

2 Likes

I’ve already been circulating the URL! :+1:

Favorite season? Don’t make me choose! Gun to my head, Season 0. I want to find my tapes… sigh. Tie for 2nd place goes to S3 (a lot of favorite episodes) and S5, because that’s the first season that I had cable to watch new episodes of.

Daylight savings? Meh? I like driving to work after the sun rises, but also prefer walking to my car when I’m leaving work in daylight? Is it really asking so much for the sun and moon and the stars to simply bend to my whims?

3 Likes

Would it be impertinent to ask for a heads up in the future before streaming rights are lost? I don’t want to put anyone out if there are NDA reasons not to bring it up - but it would be swell to make the most out of our purchasing powers. Perhaps something like the million articles detailing what is leaving Netflix or Prime - a months heads up say.

8 Likes

I’m sure it’s often a surprise, though it would be a good…em…marketing trick to have an area in the Gizmoplex for “Movies with soon-to-be-expired-streaming-rights-we-may-or-may-not-be-able-to-reatin.”

Season 4 is probably my favorite (of the classics) but possibly also Season 5. It was so shocking for Joel to leave but Mike really eased the pain.

4 Likes

… At least The Final Sacrifice is still up on Dailymotion, just split into 3 parts.

4 Likes

I love season five and one the most (not many people pick season one but I like how rough it is)

I absolutely hate DST it really screws with my sleep patterns

3 Likes

Tell me about it, although I’m mostly a night owl.

4 Likes

Woohoo.
4 and ‘4.5’ and Grrrrrrrrrr >:-|

1 Like

I suggest the following approach for DST:

For six months out of the year, we set our clocks forward 20 seconds/day, and for the next six months, we set them back 20 seconds/day.

That avoids the trauma of the sudden time change. Heck, most people won’t even notice it, except those with manual clocks who will wonder why they’re increasingly late/early to things.

1 Like

Favorite season is 9. First because it’s one of the few seasons I was able to watch when they were first released. Our cable provider never got Comedy Central, but they got Sci-Fi!

But also because there’s this huge stretch of nothing but fan-loved classics, and not a stinker among them. How many social media posts do you see about Pumaman, Hobgoblins, Touch of Satan, Final Sacrifice, Quest of the Delta Knights, Werewolf… And they’re all right there in Season 9.

6 Likes

I love me the hell out of some Phantom Planet, too, I gotta say that.

5 Likes

Deadly Bees is pretty choice too. Shame it’s totally unavailable.

4 Likes

Ugh, for real. The Deadly Bees has great host AND theater segments, just an underappreciated gem.

The Space Children is a fairly solid episode, too, plus you’ve got a great short in Century 21 Calling.

It’s a shame that neither one is available on DVD/streaming… but who knows? Quest of the Delta Knights was written off as a lost rights cause once upon a time…

2 Likes

I saw Century 21 Calling aired by itself on the Twitch channel once. That was a nice treat.

6 Likes

The Deadly Bees, Fire Maidens and The Space Children we’re all licensed by Olive Films for a long time, and that company seems to be mostly defunct now. I’m hoping that might free them up for Shout to license and make a set with Delta Knights.

2 Likes

Mmhmm. It felt like a throwback to those earlier shorts from back in the Joel era.

We got two shorts in Season 9 (along with Robot Rumpus), and they were both winners!

Wouldn’t that be great? I’m keeping hope alive for a Volume 40!

2 Likes

Not impertinent in the least! I am not sure how much of an alert we actually get though. If rights are being re-negotiated, then making a public announcement that the rights are in jeopardy could itself impact whether they stay or go. But I agree SOME kind of warning, even a “hey here are all the episodes we have to renegotiate this year” list, would be a friendly thing to do.

13 Likes

it would be appreciated!

4 Likes

:partying_face:

I’m another Season 5 believer. It’s TWO hosts in ONE!!

Also, maybe if we weren’t the most overworked and under-vacation-ed society in the universe, we wouldn’t have to argue so much about changing clocks and stuff. (Which I actually like as a seasonal ritual. I mean, I only own two of them.)

8 Likes