🦃 🦃 OFFICIAL TURKEY DAY OPEN THREAD: Join us, won't we? 🦃 🦃

So happy to continue the tradition of watching turkeys while cooking, smelling, and digesting turkey.

12 Likes

I’m a vegetarian. Can I secretly call it Tofurkey Day? :wink:

10 Likes

Thanks very much! By the way (and I hope I don’t inadvertently change things by pointing this out, because it would mess us up greatly)–

I would like to thank the team for making the YouTube stream embedable, because that means we can pipe it in over at cy.tube and watch it in a local chat there with our local community. No offense to the YouTube chat or the people in it, but it is overwhelming!

2 Likes

Time zones are against me - that’s 2pm UK, so I’m at work, but I’ll likely drop by for a bit.

5 Likes

I wondered about this (not necessarily in regards to MSTies, but just in general) to be more inclusive; and because the phrase “talk Turkey” means to talk business. But in 20201- is it necessary? Why not turnips?

I like “let’s talk turnips” as a means of settling in to business mode. I feel like a bad turnip is easier to ascertain than a bad Turkey, and in business practices a general consumer would buy more than one turnip, but do we really need MULTIPLE turkeys??? And you just grab a Turkey and go! But produce requires a bit of inspection- at least I try and inspect those types of goods before I buy.

These are the things I ponder when left to my own devices…

4 Likes

Canadian MSTies over here, my partner and I booked the day off to watch and laugh and get some Christmas planning done. We try to do it every year, and it doesn’t always work out but I’m looking forward to it tomorrow!

8 Likes

So the traditional method for cooking the turkey is to put it in when the parade starts, take it out at halftime. How do you measure that in MST3K episodes?

10 Likes

What would you say is how often you travel for Thanksgiving vs how often you host/stay home?

2 Likes

6’n the Mornin’…

1 Like

I live alone and don’t talk to my family, so I never travel.

Just spend a blissful 4 days doing whatever the heck I want.

11 Likes

I’m curious, and this may have been asked before, but how do the other Turkey Day movies get chosen? What’s the process? Who gets to decide?

4 Likes

Well I remember when the first Netflix selection was made, they went with the most quoted, which of course was CRIME WILDEBEEST!.. I mean Cry Wilderness

6 Likes

Crew’s choice, I think.

3 Likes

Excited for Turkey Day! Let’s kickoff Season 13 in style!

12 Likes

MST3K Turkey Day Marathon is the holiday I look forward to the most. It reminds me of that which I am truly grateful for. Good food, MSTies, and Mitchell. Sandy Frank bless us, everyone. Oh yeah, and those family people I live with. Them too.

8 Likes

My fave MST Turkey Day was the one where Comedy Central aired first season episodes for the first time in five years (and a first for me). There was also the Turkey Day edition of Night of the Blood Beast.
then the $%!@# channel had to break my heart after season seven ended.
I’ll have to miss the first six hours (work, ya know), but I’ll keep tabs on what’s playing (and what will be playing next year…maybe a premiere date?)

5 Likes

Hot riffing action. Did it work, or not? YOU decide. Vote now. Call 867-5309 now!

6 Likes

I’m gonna watch the whole dang marathon! :turkey: :plate_with_cutlery:

3 Likes

We got a little turkey early this year. Maybe I shouldn’t say little, this guy is 10 pounds! And my better half did it all natural! She’s a beast! And I don’t mean she’s hairy! (Or from a hollow mountain.) :wink:

Will be watching with my son at home as we recover from becoming a house of 4 to a house of 5. Looking forward to tuning into my first Thanksgiving MST3K Livestream, I’m thankful for this community.

38 Likes

Congratulations!

5 Likes