OK, Does Purple look better on Emily Instead of Grey?

I will admit I finished a grey jumpsuit like the one she wore in her live tour and the riff on Moon Zero Two. I am hoping that is still official.
Purple does suit her, especially the Chuck Taylors.
Thoughts, sir?

5 Likes

I like the purple.

And knowing Matt Claude Van Damm will also wear a purple jumpsuit means there could be some multiversal/inter dimensional/wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff throughout this season!!!

4 Likes

Emily looks good in anything

6 Likes

I love the purple jumpsuit, it’s very close to the indigo one I would choose for myself. The color looks good on her, plus it gives her a color kinship with the female bot, GPC.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m down with Emily in her blue jumpsuit and her matching kicks.

It suits her, and it’s nearly the same shade the contracted custodians wear at my regular job.

2 Likes

I really like grey, but I imagine there were practical production concerns that helped push them to blue/purple. Neutral colors are less “fun” looking too, I guess.

3 Likes

Grey is just so… grey.

Though she did rock it.

Still, the purple is nicer, and would be even nicer if it was sporting this patch…

8126bf3bae2cf8c45a0c79455ca123f4

2 Likes

I like the grey jumpsuit. It has that unobtrusive “you’re just a menial service technician nobody should pay attention to” vibe, which is perfect for her character (or as much as we’ve seen of it) which seems to be the junior stagehand who goes from just standing in the wings updating the call sheet and trying to unstick trap door #3, to being suddenly shoved out on stage and expected to perform in front of an audience with zero prep. (But who inexplicably managed to pull it off)

That said, like Mike in Mitchell , I hope they start her out in the grey jumpsuit for her initial introduction and then graduate her to the purple as her official test subject “uniform” when Kinga/Synthia/MegaSynthia do whatever they do to make her a full-time host alongside Jonah.

4 Likes

Kinda hoping for some fun in-universe catastrophe that gets reverted but leaves the color change. GPC sneezes or something. Or yeah you know, not. Purple is a good look.

3 Likes

All I know is it’s black and gold when I look at it.

7 Likes

I think the Purple pops better as a signature color like Red and Blue and Yellow have been for the other hosts. You don’t want her to be drably colored next to the others as that makes it far less interesting for Merch and for shows where there’s multiple hosts.

3 Likes

My house exterior is painted almost that exact shade of purple. (The paint can says “Kismet” or something like that.)

Coincidence? :smiley:

(My theory is she ditched the gray because she was tired of “50 Shades” jokes at work every day.)

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll do both. Wouldn’t be the first time a character wore two colours.

3 Likes

Indeed, I think Joel went teal for a couple of shows.

1 Like

Okay, here’s my theory: when an employee joins Gizmonic Institute, they first get their grey jumsuit. And if they do very good on their job, they would change jumpsuit colors.

2 Likes

I imagine it’s a bit like Star Trek (or the “A” and “M” guys from First Spaceship on Venus) where your jumpsuit color mostly denotes the general department you work in.
That way, you know at a glance whether you’re yelling at a janitor to get down to sub-basement 13 to clean up that flubber spill, or somebody from R&D or accounting.

Mind you, what color jumpsuit they wear on the SOL probably depends on whatever they could find in a storage locker that’s in their size.

2 Likes