On Joel’s new episodes…

Okay, I’m sure a lot of us are thinking it after seeing the trailer for the new episode….

When they said Joel would be back for some new episodes, I jumped at the chance to donate to the Kickstarter. To bring one of my favourite characters back into the fold? Hells yeah! Joel is a much-beloved classic MST3K character. He is a believable character with a solid backstory, and feels real.

Then they dropped the trailer for the first new episode featuring Joel…

This new guy they’ve got playing Joel just…. doesn’t work. We’re all so used to how he is supposed to look and sound - why the unnecessary re-cast and redesign? These are changes simply for change’s sake, and I refuse to embrace this new “Joel”. As much as this new guy is trying (and oh yes, this reeks of trying - we can all see through the makeup, and the guy who does the voice of Ardy would have been a better choice for voice casting than this mediocre attempt), this guy will never be Joel to me. I HATE JOEL’S NEW DESIGN. BRING BACK CLASSIC JOEL. :rage:

28 Likes

I HATE JOEL ROBINSON’S NEW VOICE!

18 Likes

Joel quietly left the show a few months ago and was replaced by Kelsey Ann Brady. It took me a minute to get used to her voice, but I quite like her Joel.

24 Likes

(This is a textbook example of satire, Bravo :clap:)

15 Likes

As a huge fan of the show, I loathe everything that’s changed since The Crawling Eye.

17 Likes

The show has sucked ever since Chevy Chase left.

20 Likes

This show was never the same since Beeper left. Hmph.

14 Likes

I mean, what’s up with New Joel looking so much older? Also, I would prefer if I had my 1990s body and constitution back as well.

13 Likes

That’s the low quality make-up job, but it’s a low budget show.

9 Likes

I say we debate which host we fans prefer: Joel or Joel. That won’t cause any problems, right?

Wait… is that… Mike under all that “Joel” make-up…?

10 Likes

While we’re on this subject, Dr. Forrester looks totally different now. Like he’s a woman or something.

16 Likes

Mike IS Kelsey Ann Brady AS Joel Robinson.

That man is so talented.

19 Likes

If they really cared what the fans want, they’d have welded the two together somehow and brought back Joike.

19 Likes

GPC updated the sweater. Now it says Emijoikenah.

16 Likes

They spent most of the Kickstarter on genetically engineering a hybrid host to debut in The Christmas Dragon.

12 Likes

Looks to me like somebody’s been huffing Kingachrome vapors for waaaaaayyy too long.

Revenge of the Mysterons was the last decent episode, anyways.

Now get off my lawn!

10 Likes

That damn vest just SCREAMS w o k e !! :angry: Pandering to the goose down lobby like this is beyond absurd. Next there’ll be a formation of rainbow Cambots for Pride Month, I suppose. [throws furniture]

Flouncing back to reddit until I get my fifteen dollars refunded!! [door slam]

16 Likes

Do they really think we won’t notice that 30 or so years appear to have passed? Come on.

11 Likes

I know right? It’s only been seven seasons!

11 Likes

You’d think a guy who spent so many years in space wouldn’t have just given in to the whims of gravity like that. :angry: What a loser.

14 Likes