One sentence story game

“Yeah sure, doll… man, the boss is gonna just LOVE you,” the dog replied, with a growly sort of laugh as it set off down the corridor away from the room which had so intrigued her moments before.

2 Likes

Probably a good time to recap:

“Come on Kermit,” she said to her animatronic frog companion, “we’re going to get to the bottom of this.”

3 Likes

OT: Why did I picture this?

“And. Here. I. Thought. We. Couldn’t. Get. Any. Lower,” the animatronic frog remarked with more sarcasm than one would expect from an artificial television show host.

4 Likes

“Don’t be sassy,” she reproved the frog, setting off after the dog’s disappearing form, “it’s not becoming.”

3 Likes

The dog was quite fast, and before long the pair found themselves confronted by something from Kermit’s worst nightmare, an eight lane divided highway, with the dog waiting impatiently for them on the other side.

3 Likes

A chicken briskly crossed the highway as onlookers screamed “WHY???!!!” much to the dog’s consternation.

3 Likes

Looking around they saw, in the dark distance, a pedestrian bridge over the highway; with someone or thing that appeared to be guarding it.

4 Likes

“I guess we cross over there,” Risotto said uncertainly to her frog companion, waving in a “hold on a minute” gesture to the dog, who was barking in impatience.

3 Likes

“Oh look. Three goats are going to cross-- Let’s see what happens,” said Risotto as she and Kermit watched intently.

2 Likes

The goats walked confidently across the the highway – the cars never striking them, an unintentional choreography – only to stop in the dead center and bellow ominously as they tilted their heads up to the sky.

2 Likes

That was unfortunate, since, as everyone knows, when a frog is looking to cross a busy highway, the greatest danger after you’ve crossed the first four lanes comes from the alligators in the river.

5 Likes

Fortunately(?), however, the alligators stopped to look up as well, emanating whatever passes for gator noises in eerie antici…

…pation.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, back at Stately Wayne Manor…

2 Likes

Bruce Wayne sighed to himself as his Hot Pocket neared completion in the toaster oven.

3 Likes

Suddenly, a light through the window blinded him; squinting, Bruce moved out of the way of the light and looked at the wall behind him, blinking in confusion as he beheld an odd symbol lit up on the wall using a spotlight that wasn’t the normal Batsignal.

1 Like

The toaster continued to heat the Hot Pocket.

1 Like

The outside slowly began to warm, but the inside of the Hot Pocket was still a popsickle.

1 Like

Bruce turned to the toaster oven, gazing forlornly at the partially heated Hot Pocket within and expecting he would once again be delivered an unevenly-cooked snack thought, “that’s the last time I buy an appliance from a pig puppet in a wig off the internet, even if it looks like a great deal.”

1 Like

That’s when a rather hefty woman in a mumu dress and an obviously fake wig opened the oversized window and ushered herself, a talking dog with emphysema, and half a robotic frog into the room.

1 Like

“Alfred, how did these people get in here?,” Bruce said as he forcefully punched the intercom, “I told Dick I’m not donating any more money to that circus.”