Orange oval?

As of the last update to the app, I’m seeing this when I access the forum:

What is it? What am I meant to do? Does this have anything to do with White Dot?

Thank you :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I don’t know from the app but that looks like a scroll button. You drag it up and down to see more setuff.

3 Likes

But what if touching it is what it wants you to do?

7 Likes

You’ve made White Dot angry! Atone! ATONE!

8 Likes

Sorry, unable to help with this. I don’t use the app to understand its quirks.

5 Likes

Maybe Moira can help.

3 Likes

On further reflection, I guess it’s more of an orange capsule.

7 Likes

I think Orange Oval is White Dot’s distant cousin from Mars.

6 Likes

I think Orange Oval just announced its candidacy.

6 Likes

ALL HAIL ORANGE OVAL.

3 Likes

If you break it open, it’s full of Tiny Time White Dots

Also, suddenly I’m hungry for Good 'N Fruity™ candies but I have no idea if they still exist.

(There’s the obligatory 1970s references for the old duffer set.)

3 Likes

Capsule!!!

4 Likes

Is this the iOS app? My Android app doesn’t look like that.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know you could access the forums from the app. I just do it from my mobile web browser if I happen to be on my phone and want to post something.

2 Likes

Yes it is.

2 Likes

The screenshot you’ve posted is not from the MST3K app, it’s from the Discourse Hub app, which is an app designed for browsing forums built on the Discourse platform (such as this one). You’d be more likely to be able to get an answer about this from the makers of the Discourse Hub app, as Alternaversal and the folks here don’t really have any involvement with that app.

2 Likes

Looks like a Chiclet !

Happy Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

1 Like

It’s the most minimalist, obtrusive-yet-discreet online marketing ever devised. However much Tic Tac® paid for it, they got their money’s worth.

1 Like

I spent a whole lot of time trying (and failing) to find the forums via the MST3K app before unpacking this properly. So how are most of you accessing the forums? Via web browser?

3 Likes

I use a desktop computer and a web browser, yes.

2 Likes