Origins/Smithees, Columbus OH

Anyone going to be in town for Origins Game Fair (9/30-10/3)?

I will be there primarily for the Smithee Awards on Friday night (10/1), which I highly highly highly highly highly recommend attending. If you think the movies on MST3K are riffworthy… holy Bob.

1 Like

I will be there (well, unless things get worse around here). It’s my single favorite reason for going to Origins (it’s a fun convention regardless).

There was a rumor going around that The Smithees may also be streaming this year, so other folks may be able to join in on the fun.

1 Like

Oh, hey! The online thing is right in your link. Derp.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw the online option, but the crowd makes it so much more fun.

Were you there the year Birdemic made its first appearance? I have never seen a clip get a standing ovation before. :laughing:

1 Like

I agree about the crowd, but it’s nice about the option this year, it may tempt more people to visit in thr future.

Birdemic was the year Origins accidentally put them in a too-small room, wasn’t it? I think that was the year I over-extended myself and feel asleep bc dark room and not standing up. :sweat_smile: Still, it’s always amazing watching people discover Birdemic.

1 Like

Yeah, we were stuck in a tiny room on a weird night – Wednesday or Thursday. Usually they’re in one of the larger spaces in the Hyatt. And MegaMeta 4 was the following night.

1 Like