Our next guest needs no introduction...

So, who from the previous seasons that hasn’t appeared yet are you most hoping to see in an upcoming episode?

• M. Waverly
  • Growler
  • Dr. Donna St. Phibes
  • Tim “Bone Daddy” Ryder
  • Dr. Erhardt
  • Other (specify)

0 voters

And yes, I realise that Waverly and Growler are essentially a double-act. But like everyone with siblings discovers, there must be a favorite child.

9 Likes

I didn’t miss Growler or Waverly in the least, they just add more noise on the SOL.

The Boneheads are dead, Jim.

Erhardt, Josh is always a welcome sight for me, so that’s who I went with. But Phibes is good too.

5 Likes

While I gritted my teeth and voted, I want to see all of these people/bots back – no question.

Also Pitch. I love me some Paul Chaplin.

10 Likes

But they always were. :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m surprised Dr. Donna St. Phibes is so high. I thought she was kind of annoying.

2 Likes

She had a nice geek-love meet-cute with Jonah however. I suspected that resonated with some viewers. Personally I like her.

J. Elvis got my vote because I’m such a fan of his. But I really, really want Tim back in some role as well. Maybe he’ll be one of Joel’s bot voices?

6 Likes

Yeah I’d also like to see all of them back at least for a brief little cameo. But Dr St Phibes was the one who had the cadence of a recurring character and I’m hoping that even though The Gauntlet cut her career short, she’ll be back for more. Let’s hope she wasn’t far from and escape pod when Moon 13 exploded….

5 Likes

Out of people/characters who aren’t on the list, I’d love to see Paul Chaplin and/or Beez McKeever take on another quirky character once more.

As for what’s on the list? Dr. Donna St. Phibes. It feels like there’s so much in the world of MST3K that could be explored by means of her character, a great deal of narrative potential and the like.

And I say that as someone who loves Growler.

11 Likes

I haven’t been able to shut up about my favorite green bot.

I have issues, don’t I?

10 Likes

This is a GOOD thing!

Growler is a champion, and I can’t wait to see him enter the fray once more!

5 Likes

Tough choice between St. Phibes and Erhardt. Really, I’m always up for a good guest-barrage. Sure there’s a risk of confusion and mayhem when there’s too many at once, but it can lead to comedy gold when saved for special occasions. Who could forget Jack Perkins’ Turkey Day soiree’, for instance? Or Tom and Crow’s almost-marriage?

2 Likes

Personally, I’m hoping Bonesy gets some lines - who doesn’t love a talking dog? In a space suit? (rhetorical questions, please don’t answer if you dislike talking dogs in spacesuits), but of those in the poll I’d have to go with Dr. Donna St. Phibes.

5 Likes

I am always up for more of The Queen Beez. She is like a quantum singularity of sunshine.

8 Likes

Very much so. She was always a great deal of fun whenever she popped up!

Yeah, everyone talks about her Steffi from The Touch of Satan, and rightly so, but I also got a kick out of her Terror from the Year 5000.

7 Likes

Can we have Reptillicus Metallicus back? I feel there’s more to its story.

9 Likes

Patton’s summoning cry for Reptilicus Metallicus still cracks me up every time.

6 Likes

I was going to mention R.Metallicus as well. We need a real set first though, I think, so perhaps wait until Season 14?

4 Likes

I hate to point this out, but Reptilicus Metallicus seemed integrated into Moon 13. And Kinga and Max blew that up, so…

However, if it was just coming through an opening in Moon 13 and normally lived elsewhere on the Moon, then it could indeed return. Or, you know, this being a silly show, it could return anyway, with or without reason. :grin:

3 Likes

I was thinking that if Kinga and Max built the new base with stolen plans, they could’ve accidentally built all sorts of things in the process by not checking the plans carefully (and, what villain has time for details to get in the way of a goal, right?).

1 Like

Maybe they set it free.

3 Likes