Our very special guest star...

Or in a recap of his wonderfully shameless performance as a drunken doctor in the ‘Oblivion’ movies.

10 Likes

If that would happen, I would SO be on board! Likewise for Joel or any MST/Rifftrax folk appearing on any Muppet production!!! Two of my absolute favorite things together would send me into nerdgasm heaven!

6 Likes

It’s a hard choice to make. Especially when celebs you thought were good people decide to reveal surprising facts on Twitter (Matt Damon).

That being said:
Tom Hanks
Keanu Reeves
Pierce Brosnan
Aaron Paul
David Hasselhoff (reprising his role from Star Crash)

4 Likes

A chicken who needs no introduction-KERWYN!!?

5 Likes

That works! I’ve been pitching him as Max’s ne’er-do-well cousin, TV’s Other Frank. But he’s such a nice guy that a good-guy role is appropriate too.

This morning I thought of someone else I’d love to see on the show - Judy Tenuta. Worship me, pigs!

5 Likes

I was just thinking about seeing Joe Bob as maybe another experiment in an alternate timeline?

And a Weird Al/Servo duet would be magical

6 Likes

Oooh, I’d love to see Gonzo interact with Crow!

9 Likes

That would be something rather nifty, something in the vein of the mysterious appearance of Matt-Claude Van Damme in Carnival Magic!

Two musically inclined phenoms sharing the stage… I like that!

5 Likes

Another idea: because he appeared to have had such a good time participating in the second Kickstarter telethon, maybe Michael Sheen would be game for a special guest spot!

5 Likes

I’d love to see Joe Estevez or Frank Stallone guest star as some sort of antagonist or a villain

9 Likes

Which version? The original movie, or the movie based on the Broadway musical based on the original movie?

Personally, I’m with @Jonathan_Eckley — Svengoolie cameos for everybody!
2 Likes

I would like to see Wil Wheaton’s character return. They had a sort of fore-knowledge about Jonah that I think could be interesting to explore.

5 Likes

This is less of a “guest star” in the traditional sense but I would love if big fans The Brothers Chaps worked in the writing room and/or directing, as they have experience doing that for Homestar Runner, Yo Gabba Gabba, Gravity Falls and the Aquabats Super Show.

1 Like

I had no strong objection to any of the guest appearances, unlike some fans. Uh, in retrospect, Mark Hamill could’ve tried a little harder to stay on the beat. ( Jim Dale would’ve managed it, Buddy.)

I still like the Leonard Maltin guest appearances best. Though I’ve always just assumed that the film ratings which Our Heroes find so inexplicable are probably due to him using interns or other support staff to watch some of these movies. It might be hard to get through all of them by yourself. :smiley:

It’s not really important to me if more big names show up. I’d prefer to see up-and-coming talent highlighted more, instead of established stars. The less insider-ish the show feels, the better I like it.

I did, however, enjoy when they dug up actors from the movies to appear on Turkey Day segments or to do extras on Shout Factory, so uh… I guess I’m flexible.

3 Likes

I’m sure they could work in an appearance by Joe Bob Briggs, considering the usual calibre of movie being riffed on MST3K.

2 Likes