Out of Control (Nickelodeon)

Does anyone remember Out of Control, a “wacky” show from Ducks Breath Mystery Theater that aired on Nickelodeon in the 80s, starring Dave Coulier? More to the point, does anyone remember the guest star they had for the Magic episode, a young up-and-coming comic named Joel Hodgson?
[Out of Control - Magic (with Joel Hodgson as Presto the Pretty Amazing) - YouTube](https://YouTube evidence)

11 Likes

Absolutely. Loved the randomness of this show. My first intro to Coulier’s “Cut. It. Out.”

3 Likes

I remember the show, although I don’t remember Joel Hodgson’s guest star involvement.

I also remember Hern Burford being an antagonist for the ages.

4 Likes

Hern was fun, all the actors seemed willing to push their roles. I remember Diz being particularly memorable.

I just thought to check, Ducks Breath Mystery Theater (no direct relation to MST) is still active somewhat, their last reunion show was in 2015.

3 Likes

Holy s*** I remember that, I used to watch Out of Control all the time as a kid :scream_cat:

3 Likes

I don’t know if she still does, but for years, Diz McNally worked at the newsstand at Hollywood and Vine in Hollywood. It was a trip to see her there.

3 Likes

I loved this show growing up. This and You Can’t Do That on Television were my favorite Nickelodeon shows. I had such a crush on young Dave Coulier. I could also do the Diz screech/yell. I remember an episode had Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. Fun!

7 Likes

Did she still do the Diz scream? Or was that added in post?

3 Likes

I never actually talked to her. I just saw her and she looked familiar and I looked it up and it was her.

3 Likes

I used to constantly do the Diz sound as a kid and was also mad about You Can’t Do That On Television

6 Likes

I do remember Out of Control but this particular video is not ringing any bells. Wow was he young!

3 Likes

Hern Berferd was the best on the street Reporter!

3 Likes

:v: :point_right: :+1:

6 Likes

I do remember it and found the Joel episode recently after hearing he had an appearance in it.

2 Likes

Count me as another Out of Control fan as a kid. It led me to giving Full House a chance so I could watch more Dave Coulier.

3 Likes

Hern Berford’s Plastic Wrap Rap still remains lodged in my memory … along with Captain Widebottom.

3 Likes

I wish it was out on dvd. all I remember was being scared as a kid by an episode a bout a haunted house. I found it up on youtube finally, and wondered why :).

This, Mathman, and other CH13 shows…Square One TV - Mathman: Rectangles - YouTube

3 Likes

I loved that show as a kid. Even then I recognized it as a show that was made by adults having silly fun and not entirely too concerned with it being a “kids show.” I don’t mean they slipped subversive naughty stuff in, I just mean that their priority was for themselves to have fun, and that enthusiasm really showed. That instantly propelled it beyond any of the other shows that were targeted for my age group. It’s the subtle difference between “let me come down to your level” and “whaddaya know, we’re at the same level.”

3 Likes