Over Twenty Years in the Making: Tom Servo Build Completed!

Way back in the late 90’s, a very young SanguinePenguin came across the The Official Mystery Science Theater 3000 Bot Building Booklet, and thus was launched the dream of owning my very own Tom Servo. As luck would have it, my parents already had the incredibly rare “Boo Bowl” needed for Tom’s hover skirt. A quick trip to Spencer’s Gifts at the Mall (remember those?) turned up the Carousel Snack Dispensers for his head, and the Seymour Butts doll for his shoulders.

And there things stalled out for the next 20+ years. Back then, the concept of being able to find and buy anything you might want on the Internet was still in its infancy, and being a very broke young man, it just wasn’t an option for me. Then life got in the way, and old Tom wound up in the back of a closet awaiting better days.

After a couple decades and multiple moves, I came across those old bot parts and my trustee Bot Building Booklet, and decided it was finally time to complete the old boy. And here he is at last hanging by the pool in all his glory:

What do you think sirs?

27 Likes

:smiley:

Look at that glorious sonuvabiscuit! Very awesome stuff!

I’m glad that your 20+year odyssey resulted in something as wonderful as your own Tom Servo!

5 Likes

He’s the wind, baby! :musical_note: Magnificat, Tom Servoooooo! :musical_note:

5 Likes

I see you got his walking on water correct. Such attention to detail!

7 Likes

But he can’t hover there because of the air grate.

5 Likes

Please tell me you didn’t use a real boo bowl for his hoverskirt…

1 Like

That is one gorgeous bot – and a gorgeous pool!

4 Likes

Oh my God, he’s HUGE!

3 Likes

Awesome :+1:

2 Likes

I know you didn’t mean to turn me on… but that hover skirt… POOM!

3 Likes