Papermations.

I just want to once again acknowledge how delightful these are.
I’d love to see them evolve over time.
Finding ways to layer things. I could see someone falling into a crater and disappearing.
Or characters/things popping up in the distance (from behind the horizon). Or behind the moonEarth(you know… the moon’s moon).

32 Likes

Hard same, I ADORE the paper art.

10 Likes

Same.

I love the new additions to the papermations that we keep seeing!

7 Likes

I realized these could be a future audience prize. Fans could float on the moon with Santo!

8 Likes

I’m loving the vault picks art they’re putting up in so many places.

11 Likes

Very much an evolution of “Monty Python” visuals. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m a printmaker and illustrator, I adore paper like a dog trainer adores show-worthy pedigrees, and I cannot get enough of the paper art. I personally am a fan of textured paper, like a nice Nepalese or Japanese chiyogami, if you’re looking for inspiration.

10 Likes

My artwork these days is scanned paper worked in Photoshop, but at least I can still go open a file drawer of paper so I can remember what’s it’s like from a tactile standpoint.

7 Likes

I know they can’t release/sell them, because reasons, but I’d totally go for some Vault Picks bookmarks.

Also, I really enjoy their incorporation of Vault Pick artwork elsewhere!

7 Likes

I do so love the Papermations and the music that goes with it!

It just says: “It’s for another MST3K Livestream! Get excited!”

12 Likes

As if I wasn’t exctied to begin with.

5 Likes

Curious if they changed how they did the papermations (yes, I know they have another name in the credits) for the public premiere.

It looks more like the graphics are attached to clear plastic, and are moved by magnets in the back of the moon background instead of being dropped in front of the background by hand and moved using the chartruse wool.

OTOH, I could be full of skit.

3 Likes

I presumed they had just edited out the yarn. :thinking: But then, I don’t make any TV shows so I don’t really know.

5 Likes

I’m watching the finalised Santo and I am LOVING it.

3 Likes

Also may have shot on blue screen to matte out any armatures for movement. Pure speculation on my part.

3 Likes

The trippy look of Tom in a human-scaled spacesuit makes me feel born again. :smiley: :+1:

10 Likes

To me it looked more like the cutouts had a black piece at the top of them going off the top of the screen, and they were being controlled by that. You can see the stars on the background disappear above their heads as they move across the screen, and they cleverly angle them on the right so the black part never goes over the Earth.

5 Likes

Reminds me of his look in the MST3K comics.

15 Likes

I love the papermations and the jazz! The Jazzier the better baby!

cat jazz GIF

14 Likes

i second the jazz, does anyone remember the name of the group? they showed it during one of the livestream events but it’s escaped me now.

really love that papermation, very cool

7 Likes