Penn is back?

Was that Penn Gillette’s voice in the Turkey Day marathon in the intermissions?

19 Likes

Yes.

8 Likes

Also, is there a place people are chatting during the marathon?
Edit: found it it the most central section

1 Like
4 Likes

THAT’S who that is?!

5 Likes

yep, he’s been on the last couple live events too. feels so right.

4 Likes

now if we could just get some good quality bumpers from back in the day… it’d be like a time machine.

6 Likes

Isn’t that great? Penn was the voice of Comedy Central back in the day. Just hearing him now takes me right back. :grin:

11 Likes

Ain’t it great? Makes me feel young again, somehow.

6 Likes

It just feels… Right.

6 Likes

It was one of those things I didn’t think was necessary until he returned.

10 Likes

Like Magic Voice.

6 Likes

Penn is a MSTie himself, from way back. He hosted a half-hour promotional special about the show back in the early years of Comedy Central.

11 Likes

And I believe he quit Comedy Central precisely because of the way the execs were treating the show.

6 Likes

PENN4

(…wait, wrong Penn.)

9 Likes

Yeah, I love all the promo’s that they have been doing recently with Penn.

According to Reddit, @timryder directed the voiceover sessions. Have any great stories from those sessions ,Tim?

6 Likes

Don’t misspell Penn’s name or remove the space between his name and ‘is’ or there’s a problem.

1 Like

Only that Penn was a true enthusiastic professional who blazed through an hour’s worth of material in about 35 minutes. I only had to correct a couple pronunciations and give him a couple notes on delivery. Otherwise, he just nailed it all. I think he was genuinely excited about doing the VO for MST3K again. It was cool to see.

37 Likes

Cool to hear as well.

6 Likes

Honestly, that’s the vibe I got too. I can just hear the “wow!” after he says you’re watching Mystery Science Theater 3000.

11 Likes