Perhaps we could see the team on The Last Drive-In?

So while I was watching The Last Drive-In tonight, I suggested that it would be great to get Joel and the Bots to meet Joe Bob Briggs on the show. Even Tweeted as much on the live-tweet I run for a horror website.

Well, Darcy the Mail Girl agreed. So did a lot of fans.

I just hope everyone at Team MST3K knows this and that maybe a little cross-promotion of the Gizmoplex on Shudder could be an option? Have Tom Servo and Crow considered hanging out at a trailer park for a bit?

What do you think, sirs?

10 Likes

Co-sign. It would make a great special, like “The Walking Dead” one they did last year.

4 Likes

Or we could do the opposite and get Joe Bob on MST. Kinga hires him as a movie consultant, flies him to Moon 1, only to have him digress and rant endlessly. Kinga storms off, but Max hangs on every word and the episode ends with the two of them sitting in lawn chairs out on the moon surface, sharing a beer, and talking about Dawn of the Dead.

4 Likes

the question now is…which Dawn?

1 Like

With Joe Bob it’s always the original, though Darcy is behind him championing the remake.

3 Likes

The original series might have been more successful if it had engaged in stunt casting. You could say the same for South Park.

1 Like

That is a cute idea, but I don’t imagine that happening with the amount of work involved. Having Jonah or Joel and the bots popping out of a crate on the Drive-In set for about 30 minutes of jokes and talking with JBB about old movies seems a lot more possible.

2 Likes

This is more about having reps from the Gizmoplex being able to promote the project on Shudder, a more prominent streamer, through an interview on The Last Drive-In. Jonah Ray has already been on the show, and a few MST3K connections have already been established. This would just be building on that in a fun way, like how Svengoolie showed up on The Last Drive-In this weekend.

2 Likes

Except, shockingly, he likes Tom Savini’s remake of Night of the Living Dead! Not better, but as its own thing. (I tend to agree.)

3 Likes

In the post-show chat with Joe Bob and Darcy after the premiere of The Last Drive-In, I asked about something along these lines, and they were both very much agreeable to it.

Just saying that it might not be a bad idea to start reaching out for the future.

1 Like

Crossing audiences is good.

I did a review of Santo on a site and was surprised at how many people didn’t know there were new MST3Ks. People who were fans of the original show, and even some who knew the Netflix revival.

1 Like

Yeah, for sure. Every little bit of publicity helps. I know for sure there is a HUGE crossover of MST3K fans and Joe Bob fans.

My ideal movie for an MST3K guest appearance on The Last Drive-In? Puppet Master.

Guys it has been so tough to have TlDI and MST3K on the same nights. What sort of monkeypaw nonsense is this??

1 Like

It’s a conspiracy of big monitor. Gotta buy two so you can watch both at the same time and they know it. That’s how they get you.

2 Likes

Well, TLDI will be over…next month? Probably before the Festival in July, anyway.

1 Like