Pet Theories

Any thoughts on MST3K you’ve never shared before? How Dr. F met Frank, why Kinga is so harsh to Max, why Pearl sucks at Mad Science. Spill any random takeaways you have.

1 Like

Dr. F ordered a Thrusterbuster at the drive thru, needed a new lackey, and “hired” Frank because he perceived he was an ideal weak-willed henchman.
Pearl is a retired truck driver who never attended Mad-Science Academy, and only took it up when she learned of her family heritage in Castle Forrester, so for a complete novice she didn’t do too terribly.
Kinga is an authoritarian boss who bred a race of minions to do her bidding… by comparison she treats Max as almost human.

8 Likes

For quite a while I thought Dr. F created Frank, a la "Frank"enstein. Because of the name, Frank’s black suit, the mad scientist thing, etc.

9 Likes

An insight in plain sight. Frank in black. "Frank"enstein? The Jor-El lock of hair said something too.

yeah but we do know that TV’s Frank had at least enough of a history to have a 20 year old son already… that is if there’s no wibbly-wobbly timey-wimeyness

2 Likes

But did Frank father a son or is Max a clone? There are mysteries wrapped up in plain sight.

2 Likes

And then there’s the Clayton Forrester/Kim Cattrall couple thing. Thanks Dr. Erhardt!

1 Like

That is true, Clay did manage to create spare heads for Frank, maybe he, or his daughter managed to clone him… and of course, WHICH Clay fathered Kinga? Clay 1.0 or Star Baby Clay? Presumably Clay 1.0 since Larry was aware of her mother.

3 Likes

I’m waiting on a Kim Cattrall cameo at some point.

3 Likes

How Frank survived death inducing experiments week after week and was perfectly fine afterwards makes you wonder.

3 Likes

I believe that the Gizmonics Institute is where all superior products that fail to reach mass acceptance are invented. These are those things which should be successes, but end up shut out by inferior technology that gains widespread market share. Past offerings from Gizmonics include Betamax, the Amiga Computer, and the Neon car. An alumnus of Gizmonics was R. Buckminster Fuller, and all of his Dymaxion ideas were developed there.

5 Likes

I have a theory that Tom Servo once had a pet named Tibby.

4 Likes

It has to be cloning or rebuilding Frank every week Dr. F kills him. I mean he did disappear into Second Banana Heaven :tm: so I guess that would denote cloning…

2 Likes

A play on Timmy?

Frank is either a Frankenstein-type of creation (which would arguably make him perhaps Dr Forresters most successful experiment??) or he’s a clone but not cloned by Dr Forrester. Perhaps a standard issue clone used by all mads for lab assistance, and Forrester went off the book and started experimenting directly on his Frank.

5 Likes

So it was the Gizmonics Institute that funded research on mechanical television, VistaVision, Sensurround, the Wankel engine, the SACD, the MiniDisc and HD-DVDs! Now it all makes sense!

4 Likes

Possibly?

1 Like

I kinda wonder how Crow feels about that whole thing…

1 Like

Pearl and Dr. Doofenshmirtz went to the same Mad Science school…

4 Likes

PONY PIC! :smiley: Yay!

1 Like