Phishing Scammers

Wow an actual Nigerian with the Nigeria scam. Been a while for that one.

1 Like

Got this voicemail today, from a number in Michigan:

“Regarding your today’s purchase on amazon.com. You have been charged with $449 on your Visa card. If you have made this purchase and recognize it then simply hang up and your order will be delivered to you. However if you have not made any such transactions and want to cancel then press one and simply stay on the line to connect to our Amazon customer support executive. Thank you.”

I wonder what type of scam they would try to pull if I answered that call and pressed one?

1 Like

They’d ask for your credit card number “in order to refund the purchase” , and then steal the number.

1 Like

When scammy places call, I am morbidly curious to the scam and play along for a while to get to what it is they are trying to get to…its fun…and wastes their time for a bit!

My favorite was I received a Paypal invoice to my work email…our company doesn’t use PayPal. So ok…I call them. Bla bla bla…they wanted me to go to a URL. Ok…they said it SO-O-O-O slow double you…double you…(I’m like "Really???) T…e…a…m…v…i… Stop there…why do I need to go to this URL? So we can reverse the charge. Um…why do you need remote access to reverse a charge from your company? That’s how it’s done. You suck…stop scamming people!
click lolol

1 Like

My credit card number is

DEEZ NUTZ NOWN 4EVA

As indicated by the number itself, there is no expiration date.

The security code is: FOO

Hurry up with that refund, please. I’ve got my eye on a box of steaks and two Honeyglazed Hams.

2 Likes

Attn:Beneficiary,

I am Mrs.Kristalina Georgiovam,Managing Director(MD) of International Monetary Fund (IMF).I am delighted to inform you that contract/Inheritance Lottery panel of the UN/COVID19 Awarded Payment has been approved.All Governmental and Non-Governmental prostates,NGO’s,Finance Companies,Banks,Security Companies and Diplomat(s) which have been in contact with you of late have been instructed to back off from your transaction and you have been advised NOT to respond to them anymore since International Monetary Fund(IMF) Head Office is now directly in charge of you Covid-19/Contract/Lottery/Inheritance payment US$15,500,000.00(Fifteen Million, five hundred thousand United State Dollars)

You are hereby advised NOT to remit further payment to any institution(s) with respect to your transaction as you fund will be transferred to you directly from our source.I hope this is clear.Any action contrary to this instruction is at you own risk.

In order for us to proceed you must get back to me with:
Your Full Name:
Your Address:
Your Age:
Your Direct Phone Numbers:
Your Bank Account and Routing Numbers
Your Profession:

Further details on how you fund will be given to you as soon as you respond to this mail.

Kristalina.

So glad you let me know of these governmental prostates :rofl:

1 Like

UNCOVD = 21st Century UnCola™ ? Huh.

Also, when does a pink, soft, oily dude show up to try and sell us a Chevy?

1 Like

We don’t know your name, but we’ve got $15 million for you. Oh, and let us know if your prostate fails to back off as instructed.

1 Like

By the way, even really tech-savvy people can fall victim to phishing, apparently. Could make you feel better or worse, depending on how you squint or which side of the bed you woke up on this morning:

2 Likes

I got a couple of phishing attempts after commenting on YouTube videos. One wanted me to follow them on Telegram. Another claimed I’d won a “free giveaway” and wanted my contact info. What was really disturbing is that in both cases, the phishers used the creators’ icons in their own messages! And in comments for two different creators. Anyone else seen this happen?

2 Likes

Yeah I get those but they get blocked in my comments filter

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember a big spate of that happening on some high follower YouTube channels I subscribe to, to the point that at least one made a video warning people they weren’t doing a giveaway and to block and report the comments.

3 Likes

Several of the YouTube channels I follow have had to make videos saying not to fall for those scammers.

4 Likes

Dated: 9/5/2022 2:52:50 p.m.

Hello From Guildo Stellar Roberto - Italy.

Good morning,

Thank you for finding time to this message, without taking much of your time, I am need of your service. I have viewed your complete and activities of your impressive profile, Skills and years of experience, and I want to discuss with you concerning my intending project for your esteeming services. This is my second time contacting you, since I have not heard from you given the importances of my previous message as I made clear during Pandemic, I decide to reconfirm to know if you did receive my previous email message. Considering that things are gradually coming back to normal, I decided to reach you once again, hoping that you will return my messager at this time.

However, be respectfully informed that I really want to relocate to your domicile. On this ground, I have decided to move all my Capitals and Physical Assets which you will be brifed on as we progreses. All I want honest, transparent and reliable fellowman who will in honesty, manager all my Capital and Assets as Joint Partnership and guarantee me highest possible returnings. Everything will be revealed to you depending on your responsivenesses and readifulness.

Can you partner with me on investmentings as I want my Tons of Gold Bar and Fund for investment purposes?
I wish to confirm your readifullness to have direct meeting with me to handleful the transaction smoothingly. This is one of most vital aspects of transactionings as it will give us opportunity of seeing each other face in face which is very important before embarking on business of this magnitude. You know as well as I do that what is involved in this project is beyond email and telephone correspondinges. The meeting will no doubt strengthen our relationship and trustworthifullness. I believe in practical demonstrations and only way I can prove authenticity of this transaction is by taking you to the Bonding Warehouse where the Containerful containing the said inheritances is at moment where it has been secured and giving you free hand to access it’s qualitys by yourself and confirm availability of my inheriting fund. After verificationing of my product and fund availability by you, Your opinion/suggestions will be highly considerated.

The meeting will also allow us to have sit-down discussionings on investments plan which you intend to channel invest the fund. This will enable me to have feasibility studying of area you intend to channel fund for investment and will reveal your business acumenful for assessmenters. It will also allow me to know if you have idea of Gold Bars with purity of 98.9% with 24 carrots.

Kindly get back to me soon as you receive this message for detailings.

Guildo Stellar Roberto
Contact Address: Aldo De Luca Via Vardano 20042, Lombardy, Italy
Contact on Whatsapp No: and Phone:
Contact of my SKYPE ID: RobertoGuildoStellar

I already have 24 carrots in my vegetable bin :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

[drumroll]

Phishers II: The Discussioning

…Coming soon… to a multiplex near YOU!!

2 Likes

Hello,

I am Mrs. Mavis Mconnor, I won the Powerball Jackpot worth $758.7million Dollars on 28th August 2021. I am granting 3 individuals $950,000.00 each and you are among the 3 lucky winners in this year donations. Contact me for more details at: :upside_down_face:

Mrs Mavis Mconnor

Yeah nah not unless I get all the moneys n shtuff :crazy_face:

1 Like

Mc’onnor anglicized her Martian name in hopes that the JLA wouldn’t catch up with her anytime soon.

1 Like

For Your Attention:

I am Mrs. Zainab Ahmed Newly-appointed Acting Minister of Finance of Nigeria, I am contacting you respect to your fund total amount of $9,200,000.00 Million that was being withheld by the former Minister of Finance. Today, I have an outstanding order from the Office of the Presidency to release your due contract fund without delay.
Do reconfirm your Resident Address, Private Email Address, Phone, Bank Routing and Account numbers and copy of your valid ID. I look forward to your earliest confirmation of this email.

Mrs. Zainab Ahmed
Newly-Appointed Ac

Perfect! Been waiting on these fraudulent funds :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Subject line : Check what Mrs. Ardelle Weill said in her LETTER for Amiga

Against legendary, no When disparity. In case negative concerning During pedometer.How do you do my boy :))My name is Ardelle. I am from Russia. I found you on facebook!I am a smart and sincere young woman, who is very sportive and always develop herself in different ways! I like reading, I write poetry and dream to live an active lifestyle! I want to travel and see the whole world!The account is here: [link removed] It is meI hope you will find me there and we will become friends :stuck_out_tongue: I’m ready for chat!

This is to an account for things that are Amiga computer related. No FB account for it.

1 Like

Someone ate the word salad again

1 Like