Phishing Scammers

We’re all old and some of these email addresses have been around for longer than you have been alive. Therefore they have been sold on mailing lists hundreds of times.

4 Likes

Prove it!!!

2 Likes

I wear the chains I forged in life. I made a political contribution in 1997.

3 Likes

Here you go.

No, wait that’s a confluence.

1 Like

Urgent care please,
from Mr. Shylocky Dickerson

My name is Mrs Alice Liousee Waltons; I am drying woman who has decided to donate what I have to you/church. I am 65 years old and I was diagnosed for cancer for about 2 years ago, immediately after death of my husbands, who has left me everything he worked for and because doctors told me I will not live longer than some more weeks because of my health, I decided to donate you sum of $45,300,000 (Forty five million three hundreds of thousand dollars) to you for good work of humanitys, and also to help motherless and less privileging and also for assistance of the windows.

I wish you all them best and may these good Lord bless you abundantly,and please use some funds well and always extend good workings to others.

Contact my lawyer( Gloria Alfred) with this pacified email :zipper_mouth_face: and tell him that I have donated($45,300,000.00) to you and I will have also notified him. I know I don’t know you but I have been directed to do this. My trustingful lawyer will assist you to claim thy money from the Banks of Americans Of America where it is being deposited.

Thanks and God blessings.

Mrs Alice Liousee Waltons

NB: I will appreciate your utmost confidentiality in this matter until this taskings is accomplished as I don’t want anything that will jeopardize my last wishings.

Yeah I’ll pass on your wishings :roll_eyes:

1 Like

As opposed to washing woman.

Which version? 10? 11? XP? Windows for Workstations?

That place is a ripoff. I prefer Banks of Americans of Europe.

2 Likes

Not “Shylocky Dickerson”! Charles Dickens himself is like GURL PLEASE.

2 Likes

Mrs Alice Liousee Waltons is disappointingness in you for posting this when she asked you not to. You will be hearing less pleasantly from lawyer, who is no longer trustingful of you. The Banks of Americans of America is also launching an investigation.

3 Likes

Oooh, bad news. If you’ve never gotten one of these… you’re a victim.

1 Like

I kept all the white space to illustrate the absurdity of this text.

My Galaxy S22 is pretty good about catching spam texts so I don’t see many of these.

3 Likes

I rarely get them myself. Also, I worry about anyone who would fall for that. Maybe if they were in the 816 area code. Apparently that’s Kansas City, which is around 400 miles from me.

I have been there once and technically know two people who might still live in Kansas City, but it was over 20 years ago and I couldn’t even tell you their names.

1 Like

Thing is, area codes mean a lot less now than they did back in the day. Now, you get yourself a phone number for your cellular telephone and it often just sticks with you forever because you don’t have to go through the hassle of changing it if you move.

My boss lived here in central WI for nearly a decade but had a FL phone number the whole time. Similarly a coworker that moved to IL in 2018 still has a Wisconsin number.

2 Likes

Less maybe, but enough to respond to that number with absolutely no history?

1 Like

I wouldn’t respond, but it has nothing to do with the area code.

Then again, I am bad at reaponding to texts anyway, so maybe I’m not the best test case.

3 Likes

Copied from the RiffTrax forum (thanks to @TheLurker for the heads up)

I hand-me-down to live not far from the Beit Hanoun and when infernal regions prostrate from firmament I was luckier than the people who lived there.
My name is ?…?§?‡?±???., I am a fugitive and I am raising loot to help.
Please if you can send a dollar saved to a Bitcoin wallet, do so. I require have a stab to send funds representing humanitarian aid to the victims in the Gaza Strip.

If you can’t send funds, choose don’t cut this message or send it to SPAM. Prefer impudent it to those who can send at least 1 dollar.

??? ???? ?? ???? ??? ????? ?? ???????§?† ?§?„???????±?©? ?????? ???? ?????? ?? ?????? ??? ???? ???? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ????.
???? ???†?????? ??? ???? ????? ???? ???????? ????????.
?? ???? ??? ??? ??????? ????? ??????? ???? ????? ??? ????? ???????? ????? ???. ?????? ????? ??????? ????????? ????????? ??????? ?? ???? ???.

??? ?? ????? ?? ????? ???????? ???? ??? ??? ??? ??????? ?? ??????? ??? ??????? ??????????. ???? ??????? ??? ????? ????? ?????? ????? ????? ???? ??? ?????.

4 Likes

This isn’t a scam. I know ?…?§?‡?±??? He is on the level.

4 Likes

The trailing emojis really capture the mood of “…huh?”

2 Likes

Gotta love when you get a legit email response from your insurance company that looks like it was written by a scammer.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your message. We respond to all emails in the order we receive them and respond to most within 24 - 72hours.
If you need help right away, please call the toll-free phone number on the back of your member ID card. We value your feedback and hope you¿ll visit us online again, soon.

Visit us again, SOON :flushed:

2 Likes

They didn’t address you as “My dearest beloved” though.

3 Likes